PDA

View Full Version : Getting started - Perhaps a silly question

Dark
06-28-2010, 04:09 PM
As I mentioned in my introduction post http://www.technibble.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17647

I'm on the verge of starting a part time computer repair business. I'd try full time but I'd have to quit my current managerial job first and wifey won't let that happen until I can prove viable on my own.
The idea of Remote Support has really piqued my interest and although I've done quite a bit of Remote Desktop, VNC, VPN type of work I've never done it in the capacity described here. I usually remote into my own equipment or equipment at work that I have setup for that purpose.

Here comes the silly question part:
I've read here in this forum that some of you who do the remote support have 'several seats' or more than one technician working for you. Is it possible to sit in and learn while someone is doing this? Do any of you have any seats available and are willing to train? I would value the experience and not expect compensation - for a reasonable amount of time - say three months or so. Certainly flexible on this.

The hours I would have available are from about 6pm-Midnight Mon-Fri central time and all weekend long 24hrs.

I would consider myself most fortunate if I can find someone willing to help me out. Even if it's only helping me set myself up to get started.

Personally, I believe I need more training and experience and will gladly take what I can get. I'm not someone who is in dire need of money and I certainly don't want to do the customer wrong.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Recriminations? :)

If you'd like to call and yell at me my number is 432-889-8742

Thank you.