PDA

View Full Version : On-Car Business Card Holders

rhinetech
06-24-2010, 07:20 PM
I saw in a recent thread (i'm not going to take the time to search it out) the idea of business card holders attached to the car... and I just got mine in the mail today.
Needless to say I was out very quickly to attach them (one on each side, rear windows, sedan).

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=6115074&l=2a13d69bf0&id=610117003

What do you think?

Got them here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002NVOMU8/ref=oss_product 3.99 each + shipping = 16 bucks. Would pay for itself 3 fold in one call...

Pc Fixed Right
06-24-2010, 07:27 PM
sweet ordering 1 now thanks

anonymous Mac Tech
06-24-2010, 07:35 PM
Neat idea, but it seems like it might give someone an excuse to scope out your vehicle to see if there is anything worth stealing inside. I'd be real cautious about hauling anything of any value around if its going to be parked for any amount of time. In my neighborhood alone I witnessed a guy pull up to the driver door of a SUV parked on the street on a bike, then just as quickly as he rode up to the SUV he rode off. I didn't think much of it and assumed he was talking to someone in the SUV. Then I saw the cops show up later. I went outside to see broken glass on the ground and their GPS had been snatched. I guess the owner should have known better than to leave their GPS out in the open like that.

rhinetech
06-24-2010, 07:39 PM
Neat idea, but it seems like it might give someone an excuse to scope out your vehicle to see if there is anything worth stealing inside. I'd be real cautious about hauling anything of any value around if its going to be parked for any amount of time.

Yea, I keep all parts in my house... co-worker of mine at my old company had his trunk window (hatchback) smashed open for the goodies inside.

Only thing in my car is more business cards ;)

vdub12
06-24-2010, 07:54 PM
Looks like you might have a problem rolling your windows down.

Trigger_this
06-24-2010, 08:06 PM
where did you get the other stuff on the window?

What type of car is it?

and do you have a wrap on the car? magnets?

trapped
06-24-2010, 08:44 PM
These look awesome, I just put in an order for two. I just got some magnetic business cards that I had stuck on the car, but these look even better.

Elemdee
06-24-2010, 09:00 PM
Really cute idea! I'm ordering 2 sets!

rhinetech
06-25-2010, 01:31 AM
where did you get the other stuff on the window?

What type of car is it?

and do you have a wrap on the car? magnets?

Other stuff was a "drive-thru" time placard from my merchant services account (I use Intuit/QB)... I just put 8-8 because that's my 'standard rate time'.
The drivesavers sticker came with my welcome kit for being an authorized reseller.

It is an 08 Dodge Avenger.

Not enough capital to invest in a car wrap just yet (I want one badly though).

The magnets I printed off of VistaPrint for ~13$/ea (I got 4, 2 backups and one for each side).

Marketing is fun!

Looks like you might have a problem rolling your windows down.

They stop around that point anyway... i think it's child safety or somewhat. I usually keep them up for the added look/advert feel of the car.

Trigger_this
06-25-2010, 04:29 AM
So, just an average sedan with just magnets can have that many cards being taken?

Do you have any specific places that do best? Like

Have you ever gone into a place and had every card taken out?

WallyWorld?
Mall?

Bestbuy maybe ;)

rhinetech
06-25-2010, 06:27 AM
So, just an average sedan with just magnets can have that many cards being taken?

Do you have any specific places that do best? Like

Have you ever gone into a place and had every card taken out?

WallyWorld?
Mall?

Bestbuy maybe ;)

I just put the holders up today... no stats yet as it's been parked at home.