PDA

View Full Version : Prices and rates

generalj
01-23-2008, 06:27 PM
I was wondering if anyone brings a list of rates/prices with them on the job and use it to refer to the charges they may need to put on the work order/invoice or receipt and if they also use it to adjust on the fly while out in the field. I have a base list or prices but I really think they will change once I get out there and want to know the best way to be able to adjust these rates in an organized and safe way.

tartis
01-23-2008, 09:08 PM
I have been doing a straight hourly rate with a one hour minimum. I am thinking of adding a call charge, and reducing my hourly rate. This would get more revenue for the first hour, but reducing it for every hour after hour one.

swany971
01-24-2008, 02:00 PM
When I go to work on-site I bring with me a printed copy of the customers invoice. Since I charge flat fees, the bill is figured out before I get there. If any additional work is done while I'm there, then I just write it on the printed copy. My prices I mostly have memorized, but if you're worried about forgetting, then bring along a price list or a small card that you can keep in your pocket.