PDA

View Full Version : The first week

generalj
01-23-2008, 05:22 PM
I was wondering what I might expect the first week. I plan to start advertising next week with some flyers I drop off at some homes, a newspaper ad and an internet ad. I know it is probably depends on my market but I live in a decent sized city. SO I guess just wondering if I should be expecting an overwhelming volume of calls or probably just a few or possibly none? Also is there any tips you would suggest to get more calls in quicker?

regards generalj

Simmy
01-23-2008, 05:57 PM
Welcome to the forum,

You'll never know how many calls you can expect to get. That's the risk of being self employed, you don't really know where your next job is coming from.

I hope that you get lots of work during your first week, but you just need to get those adverts out and keep trying new ways of advertising. I would expect business to start off slowly (as it did for me), so be prepared for just a couple of calls or maybe even none. You just need to keep your head up and get your company name out there.

Have you got a website?

greggh
01-23-2008, 07:00 PM
Simmy is definitely right here. You wont know until its over, and getting your name out there is the best thing you can do. There are many posts on here about fliers, places to post ads, and every other way you can get your name out. Let us know how it goes though, we always like hearing and we can definitely help.

generalj
01-24-2008, 02:10 AM
I don't have a site yet, waiting on my logo to come back which should be here tomorrow then I will get working on finishing the site

ftbendpc
01-25-2008, 04:37 PM
My first week in I had about 3 calls and i got all of these by posting "bandit" signs along the highway it main intersections. Some people hate these but I swear by them. As long as I only put them outside of the city limits I dont fined. They sometimes last about 2 weeks if im lucky but i get them replaced as soon as i can.

MrMille
01-25-2008, 05:32 PM
I suggest you give yourself a good name, that sounds professional, then stick with that name.

Holzster
01-26-2008, 02:19 AM
Go & sign up at the local Chamber of Commerce, & get involved in it!!! Go to every networking event you can through it.

Holzster

ftbendpc
01-26-2008, 02:49 AM
I finally joined my chamber last week. Has it helped your business? I hate to say it i just always felt like i wouldnt like going to the functions due to my age (26) but hell now i feel like an old man. (just got married last month.) so i guess ill fit in :)-

Bryce W
01-26-2008, 03:05 AM
Dont expect much in your first week. You'll try alot of different things and much of it wont work. It takes a few tries before you get it right.