PDA

View Full Version : Web Page Software

XtremeTekCS
01-23-2008, 11:58 AM
Currently I am using MS Frontpage for creating web pages but I have been told that dream weaver is better. Any thoughts on which is better

Simmy
01-23-2008, 12:02 PM
Dreamweaver is the better out of the two IMO, or a text based one like Scite is pretty good. I use dreamweaver personally :)

tartis
01-23-2008, 03:41 PM
I use either notepad, or Coffeecup HTML editor. Coffeecup helps build quick tables.

mh348
01-23-2008, 04:27 PM
Dreamweaver is the better out of the two IMO, or a text based one like Scite is pretty good. I use dreamweaver personally :)

I agree, i only use Dreamweaver.

greggh
01-23-2008, 05:17 PM
Of those two everyone here is right. Dreamweaver is better by far. And if you need all that help then stick with Dreamweaver. If you are going to be doing any other type of work (php, javascript, ect...) and you want a real editor get jEdit.

XtremeTekCS
01-23-2008, 10:00 PM
Thanks for all the info; what would you suggest the best place to buy this software?

thecoldone06
01-23-2008, 10:14 PM
Dreamweaver I'm pretty sure you can buy just about anywhere. if your looking for php or javascript as Greg said, you might check out Exclipse. It's a syntax highlighting code editor for java. They do have a version for php as well. Thats what i use and i love it. Best of all it's open source = FREE!!! ;) I'm not sure if it does javascript but it definitely knows it's php.

EDIT: forgot to add their website. Happy Coding! (http://www.eclipse.org/)