PDA

View Full Version : Whats better getting a deddicated business phone or using your personal phone?

MMAUY
01-21-2008, 07:00 PM
I am debating between getting a pre-paid cell phone just for my biz, or just using my personal cell phone. What do you guys use? What do you guys suggest?

Most pre paid phones now a days at the cheapest are about 12-13 bucks for a phone and 10-20 bucks for a talk time card that will likely last me a while since its not for chit chat just for business.

But I have never really dealt with pre paid so I don't know how much those 10-20 dollar cards last.

gunslinger
01-22-2008, 01:07 AM
Right now I use my cell but this may change soon.

Leztek
01-22-2008, 01:19 AM
Right now I am using my home phone...

I business takes off l will probaly get a sperate cell.

tkrabec
01-22-2008, 01:23 AM
Get a business line, it can be a tax write off, and forward it to your cell phone or what ever. Also get an answering machine or voice mail, so you can un-forward the line to get a break.

gunslinger
01-22-2008, 02:00 AM
Get a business line, it can be a tax write off, and forward it to your cell phone or what ever. Also get an answering machine or voice mail, so you can un-forward the line to get a break.

Thats actually what I was thinking of doing sense business has picked up.

mityay
01-22-2008, 04:27 PM
I'm thinking of going with "www gotvmail com" . It looks perfect if you just starting out. It costs around $55 to setup which includes 800 number, music on hold etc. Then for $10 a month you get 50 minutes to talk.

ftbendpc
01-22-2008, 04:30 PM
I started using vonage about 2 years ago and i really like it. You get 2 lines; one voice and one fax with many extras like call waiting, call forewarding and voicemail all for like $55.00. you can also login to a dashboard and view all calls online and schedule callbacks for calls that you miss.

check in to it , it works for me :)

JJsMom
01-22-2008, 05:55 PM
I have added a no frills 2nd line and pay an extra $15.00 or so a month. It is worth it. Like mentioned above, it is a tax write off.

Simmy
01-22-2008, 10:31 PM
I used to have 2 phone lines (1 personal and 1 business), but I since dropped my personal line which has saved me 15/month.

I also only have 1 mobile phone for both personal and business use. Having caller ID on both phones means I know who's calling so I can answer accordingly. If it's a customer, "SMG Computers" or if it's my brother "Heeeeeeeey, if it isn't *insert random insult*!!"

layoric
01-23-2008, 01:24 PM
Right now I have one standard phone, with unl. long distance and all the caller id features, etc. Also using software: CallStation
Also have a PPD phone.

Here's what happens:

Receive call
Caller ID announced over speaker via Callstation
CallStation sends email to several addresses, incl. ppd phone
CallStation also acts as Ans. Machine

My phones also have caller id in case the speakers are turned down and the caller id isn't heard. If I'm out, I receive a text message (free with my phone) on the cell phone, and if the caller id wasn't captured by callstation (which does happen) and they leave a message, I can always retrieve the message remotely or just wait till I get home...

So far this setup has worked well, but I've been contemplating on getting an additional PPD phone, since this one is my wife and mine, shared. Also, I could always add another phone line for personal use, but there's always SkypeOUT, which I've used in a pinch. $15 for the year when I signed up. My whole philosophy is to do the most I can for the least amount of money.

$53 / mo. Land line
$120 / yr. PPD Cell
~$30 / one time cost for Call Station
$15 - $25 / yr. SkypeOUT

You'd also need a good voice modem and always on pc for CallStation.

- Kirk

Holzster
01-26-2008, 02:35 AM
I have a Cell Phone for the bulk of the calls but I got a Skype out ($30.00 / year) for unlimited out calls - so when I am working at my office or home office - I use that to lower my cell phone minutes. I got a Skype phone at Walmart for $25.00 so I have a real looking phone with a speaker on it. - that is way better then the headset
Also with my Untangle router (GREAT PRODUCT) I prioritize the Skype protical so even if I am downloading something the quality is good.

Holzster