PDA

View Full Version : What would you advise a PC Tech on web site content?

alanhughes
01-21-2008, 08:15 AM
Hi all,

I am in the process of building a website and was wondering what I should include or leave out! The business will be mainly PC repair, onsite and workshop. Your comments will be most appreciated.

Simmy
01-21-2008, 09:12 AM
Have you got a link to your site, so we can see what you've done so far?

alanhughes
01-21-2008, 01:45 PM
Not uploaded yet Simmy and only in the early stages. I am looking for advise on content e.g. a "we are here map" showing how to find workshop, services, prices etc.

focuz
01-21-2008, 07:59 PM
A qualifications page, so customers understand you know what your talking about.

Leztek
01-22-2008, 02:23 AM
I have testomonials on my site...

I have a fairly well know lawyer and a local police chief as clients... so that will hopefully say something to potential clients....

greggh
01-22-2008, 03:28 AM
Your best move would be to take a look at all the sites of all us members. Take a good look at what we all have on our sites. You will find that there is a certain set of data that we all have. Some of us will have different things, but make a list of all the similarities then you will have a good starting point.

Testimonials are a strong selling point. Make sure it is easy to navigate to the most important information. Make sure your phone number and any other contact information is on every page.

Play to your audience. If you want more residential customers and your audience is the soccer moms go with bright playful colors and a fun design. If your looking more for business clients and big networks then you want to make sure your site is clean and very business-like.

alanhughes
01-22-2008, 08:47 AM
Thanks to all for taking the time to give advice, well worth me asking for the advice, there are some things I had not thought of, testimonials, qualification and I think I will also write about my previous experience. It seems very similar to what you would put in your CV to try and sell yourself to a potential employer