PDA

View Full Version : Me...

greggh
01-10-2008, 03:35 PM
I haven't been around much. You might have noticed I was posting a lot before a couple weeks ago. I got sick about 2 months ago and just now finished my second surgery and am starting to recover from it.

Its nothing too major. I ended up getting what I thought was just a flu, but it was actually a cyst in my neck getting infected and starting to grow. It was giving me flu like symptoms as it leaked bacteria. After about a week and a half of feeling that way I went to the doctor thinking the flu was taking to long to go away. He gave me some strong antibiotics. That wasnt helping and a couple days later the cyst was visible on the outside, it was getting huge. So I had surgery scheduled to drain it and test it. It wasnt a tumor or cancer or anything else really scarey. So we tried draining it. That didnt work, it grew back bigger and faster. I had surgery monday to have it completely removed and now I have stitches and staples holding my neck closed about 1/4th of the way around my neck.

It all feels kinda weird. But it looks like I am ok now. We will see. I should be recovering for a couple weeks from all of this. I should also start posting again :)

JJsMom
01-10-2008, 04:23 PM
Thank God you are ok. Welcome become and I wish you the best in your recovery.

gunslinger
01-10-2008, 04:34 PM
Good to see you doing better greggh. We have missed you. I wish you a speedy recovery.

Bryce W
01-10-2008, 09:57 PM
Ouch. Although nasty, Im glad to see that it wasnt a tumor cancerous. I wish you a speedy recovery as well.

Simmy
01-11-2008, 12:05 AM
I'm sorry to hear about your problems Gregg, but at least you're on the road to recovery.

greggh
01-11-2008, 02:28 AM
Thanks everyone. It really is a great community here :)

Fred_G
01-11-2008, 04:56 AM
I am glad you are doing better. I hope all goes well with the recovery.

E

MrMille
01-11-2008, 11:48 AM
How do you feel now? better I hope

GWS

thecoldone06
01-11-2008, 03:03 PM
I wish you a speedy recovery Greg. Glad to know it wasn't cancerous and everything will be ok! :)

tkrabec
01-14-2008, 01:06 AM
I'm glad to hear you are n the road to recovery.

greggh
01-14-2008, 06:19 PM
It seems to be going slower than it should (in my mind.) But I am still happy with the daily gains. I should be working by the end of the week.

7leaves
01-14-2008, 07:11 PM
Sorry to hear greggh,

hope the operation did the trick. I wish you all the best and a strong, speedy recovery.

Guide & Protect!!!

focuz
01-15-2008, 12:14 AM
Think about the bright side, you have more time to sit and home and post on technibble. lol

hope you have a fast recovery

Nathan H
01-17-2008, 09:00 AM
Hiope your neck is heeling well, and you full recovery...

greggh
01-18-2008, 01:40 AM
Well for everyone who posted I thought an update would be nice.

I am starting to feel better. As the days go on I feel better and better. I am guessing another week or 2 before I feel "normal" again. Being back at work is just the best. I really do love my job so missing so many days was not fun for me (besides the medical problems.)

So it all looks good from here on out.

MrMille
01-18-2008, 08:55 AM
Glad to hear you are okay mate.

Now I'm going to have to steal your thunder and tell everyone I crashed my sports bike last night, and am pretty beat up, in shock too.

Photo attached.

thecoldone06
01-18-2008, 02:45 PM
Holy crap thats bad. I hope there will be no long term injuries and that you to make a speedy recovery.

Simmy
01-18-2008, 04:34 PM
Jeez :\ That looks terrible MrMille. What happened? I'm currently saving for my first bike, but I'm apprehensive after seeing alot of bike crash threads on different forums at this time of year.

EDIT- just noticed you're in Ireland. Hope your insurance isn't affected too much either!

greggh
01-18-2008, 06:48 PM
Glad to hear you are okay mate.

Now I'm going to have to steal your thunder and tell everyone I crashed my sports bike last night, and am pretty beat up, in shock too.

Photo attached.

Wow. I hope you get better soon. I know how bad that can be, I was in a pretty bad bike crash about 12 years ago. Keep us up to date.

Nathan H
01-18-2008, 07:03 PM
Mr Mille

Hope you ok.....

Can we stop this Trend on maga injuries to technibblers..

lol:eek: