PDA

View Full Version : I want to automate things

gunslinger
01-09-2008, 03:09 PM
I have been playing sround with autoit and a few other programs like it for a little while now, but thanks to my lack of programming skills i'm still having issues. I can make a script to auto install programs like Ccleaner or spyware blaster, but they only seem to work correctly on the system they were created on. Not sure why.If anyone has a program that does not require much programming skills but can do the same thing as autoit I would love to here about it. Making a simple .exe to run disk cleanup or defrag is not what i'm talking about, I can do that much.
What i'm talking about is pressing one button on a snazy GUI that I made and have spybot, ad-aware, and stinger autorun and delete what they find. Press another button and have Ccleaner, d-clean, regclean, ntregop and JKDfrag run. Click the next button and have spywareblaster, Ccleaner, and AVG install with all the options I want selected.
I figure if I can automate these few things It should cut my service call time in half. :cool:

dipper
01-09-2008, 10:41 PM
There are programs like AppSnap:
http://appsnap.genotrance.com/

but I found that they generally install the program using the default options (which can be a pain if they install things like Google Toolbar etc).

edited spelling.

gunslinger
01-10-2008, 01:32 AM
See thats what I want to avoid. I want to install say Ccleaner with one click and have it install without the yahoo toolbar/desktop shortcut/and rightclick options. I can run the programs I wanted to on my own system with a simple batch file, but I can't get then to work on other systems.
Would it work if I had the portable apps I want to already on my flash drive, create a batch file to run them all and a nice GUI for the customer to look at when this process starts up?

hnmurugan
01-24-2008, 04:34 PM
Use windows post install wizard. But you have to find out silent switches for you install packages.

greggh
01-24-2008, 06:15 PM
See thats what I want to avoid. I want to install say Ccleaner with one click and have it install without the yahoo toolbar/desktop shortcut/and rightclick options. I can run the programs I wanted to on my own system with a simple batch file, but I can't get then to work on other systems.
Would it work if I had the portable apps I want to already on my flash drive, create a batch file to run them all and a nice GUI for the customer to look at when this process starts up?

Use the ccleaner_slim installers then? It doesnt come with the yahoo toolbar.

gunslinger
01-24-2008, 09:09 PM
That only takes care of one part of it. I want to be able to do this with more than one program and have them install with all options that I want selected.

greggh
01-25-2008, 05:01 AM
Then you need to use autoit or something similar. Autoit seems to be the best (most powerful) one out there for free.

If you really feel like getting deep into it there are ways to rip apart installers from most install systems (installshield, wise, nss, and the rest of them.) You can then rebuild the install with your own options. Thats a bit overboard I think, but its possible to do.

focuz
01-25-2008, 05:46 AM
Hey man, I got a small start on an auto it script. I figured I would just start a new thread with the code. Let me know what you think and if you have any addons.

Mac
04-07-2008, 06:13 AM
m8 i would gather cmd line versions of everything you want to run. make a batch script to run all the cmds switches etc and pack em all up. xp even has a built in packer. run iexpress and have it run the batch.

or

you could have the same sort of thing but have a usb drive with all ur tools ready to roll and have an autorun run the batch

you could put everything in one exe reg tweaks password tools etc etc

stinger has switches
/ADL - Scan all local drives.
/GO - Start scanning immediately.
/LOG - Save the log file after scans.
/SILENT - Do not display graphical interface.
:D

spybot (http://www.safer-networking.org/en/faq/30.html) switches

aparently ccleaner has the switches in the beginers guide

or maybe you could have batches setup for all the progs and run them like this

http://www.members.iinet.net.au/~john77/quick.JPG

bitznpcz
07-02-2008, 11:32 AM
Hi,

Has anyone written a script to solve this problem?

I run a small IT company and time is at a premium. I am frequently presented with computers that have viruses, malware, need a complete cleanup and defrag etc. This usually takes several hours to run.

I would be greatful if a script existed to automatically install and run:

CCleaner;
Spybot S&D;
Defrag;

...and any others to help solve these problems.

If I could run this from CD/USB drive then even better!

Any help greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Kevin

Johnthegeek
07-03-2008, 04:30 AM
Hi,

Has anyone written a script to solve this problem?

I run a small IT company and time is at a premium. I am frequently presented with computers that have viruses, malware, need a complete cleanup and defrag etc. This usually takes several hours to run.

I would be greatful if a script existed to automatically install and run:

CCleaner;
Spybot S&D;
Defrag;

...and any others to help solve these problems.

If I could run this from CD/USB drive then even better!

Kind regards,

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

It isn't much but I use defrag c: -f all the time. It will force a defrag then close when finished.

bitznpcz
07-03-2008, 11:36 AM
Hi Kevin,

It isn't much but I use defrag c: -f all the time. It will force a defrag then close when finished.

Any time saved is a good thing!

frostbyte5014
07-04-2008, 07:27 AM
I am currently working on that. Should have it completed after the Holiday. It will do what you want and a lot more. It will fit on usb drive or cd, whichever you prefer. It uses all portable versions of each program. I will be glad to share it when I get it done. I hope to have an auto update script to update the defs.

bitznpcz
07-04-2008, 12:18 PM
Thanks Frostbyte,

Kind regards,

Kevin

frostbyte5014
07-09-2008, 10:20 AM
Sorry for the delay. I've been real busy. I will make an announcement here when I get the utility finished.

bitznpcz
07-09-2008, 12:52 PM
Sorry for the delay. I've been real busy. I will make an announcement here when I get the utility finished.

don't apologise, being busy is (hopefully) a good thing.

frostbyte5014
01-28-2009, 01:56 AM
Finally got to it! Check out http://www.technibble.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3937&page=5 :)