PDA

View Full Version : Where can I buy Kaspersky in bulk?

MobileTechie
05-26-2010, 10:41 AM
If anyone who already buys multiple Kaspersky licences for resale could let me know the cheapest place to get them I'd be grateful.

Thanks

MT

Simmy
05-26-2010, 10:43 AM
Ebay is usually the cheapest place. Can usually get 3 User License - 1 Year Kaspersky Internet retail boxes for 10.

Kaspersky don't have a reseller package unfortunately, so you have to either buy from retailers (Scan or Ebuyer) or just hunt around on ebay.

MobileTechie
05-26-2010, 10:44 AM
Ok thanks.

Any idea if places like this are legit?: http://www.dhgate.com/wholesale/kaspersky/s1611-3.html?leftpars=b2Njb2RlPUNOZGhnYXRl

MrUnknown
05-26-2010, 03:18 PM
Kaspersky sells through distributors only. I have an account with D&H and it is much cheaper to buy off of Amazon with free shipping. I am sure I can get some sort of bulk discount, but I am not aware of how much or how many I have to order.

If you do purchase from one of those resellers, let me know if they are legit because that is huge savings. However, this is interesting:

The key and Serial Number, a mailbox and the password also will be provided, You can check the status of the Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 on the mailbox.

why is a email account and password provided? lol.

Puff
05-26-2010, 03:27 PM
One user license $28.98

http://www.outletpc.com/bq7112.html

tech1
05-26-2010, 03:31 PM
This is a good offer from play.com
http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/10536393/Kaspersky-Anti-Virus-2010/Product.html?_$ja=tsid:11518|cc:|prd:10536393|cat: Software

also look in argos, tesco's or staples as they have offers on single licences sometimes.

I aslo use Microdirect or Scan.:)

MobileTechie
05-26-2010, 05:01 PM
The cheapest legit-looking deals seem to be on ebay where you buy a 2009 and then upgrade it to 2010. I've bought two - one to try out myself and one as stock. I got two copies of the internet suite for c.9

tech1
05-26-2010, 05:04 PM
The cheapest legit-looking deals seem to be on ebay where you buy a 2009 and then upgrade it to 2010. I've bought two - one to try out myself and one as stock. I got two copies of the internet suite for c.9

I don't buy software from ebay as there's too much software with black listed keys on there.

tech1
05-26-2010, 05:06 PM
They had the 2009 antivirus in the works, which is a book shop for 7.99 that was for a 5 user licence.

MobileTechie
05-26-2010, 05:09 PM
The 5 user bit isn't all that useful since they are all tied to one person but if you can upgrade to 2010 for free then that might be a good reliable source. I'm really looking for the suite rather than just the AV though.

tech1
05-26-2010, 05:28 PM
The 5 user bit isn't all that useful since they are all tied to one person but if you can upgrade to 2010 for free then that might be a good reliable source. I'm really looking for the suite rather than just the AV though.

Scan has the 10 pack Kaspersky internet security 1 user for 109.22 so that works out at 10.92 each, so you are cheaper getting them from ebay, this is the lowest i have seen them.

MobileTechie
05-26-2010, 05:49 PM
That's a good deal. I notice they are OEM though?

tech1
05-26-2010, 05:58 PM
That's a good deal. I notice they are OEM though?

Yeah you can't get retail 10 packs, if you sell them with a cheap mouse you are then covered as it is hardware, and they have to be sold with some hardware, this is what i was told.

INIX
05-26-2010, 06:41 PM
I just ordered from Amazon.

3 user retail box - Kaspersky A/V (Not internet suite)

$28.95 ea

RogueTech
05-26-2010, 06:50 PM
PM me your exact count for how many licenses you need and for what product(s)..part #'s preferable. I can get you a quote from a Kaspersky certified elite partner.

Corbin
05-26-2010, 07:09 PM
I wait on Officemax to have the 50$ off and a 10$ coupon I get teh 3 user IS for $19.99.

On there site they have a link that says more instore savings.

MrUnknown
05-26-2010, 07:52 PM
Yeah you can't get retail 10 packs, if you sell them with a cheap mouse you are then covered as it is hardware, and they have to be sold with some hardware, this is what i was told.

Kaspersky OEM copies require the person who purchased them to sign an additional agreement that the software is only to be installed on a newly built system and the end-user isn't to pay extra for it. You can buy them from D&H for very cheap in packs of 1,000. But like I said, you need to fill out a form and send it in before you have access to purchasing them.

PM me your exact count for how many licenses you need and for what product(s)..part #'s preferable. I can get you a quote from a Kaspersky certified elite partner.

As far as I am aware, his elite status has no baring on how much he pays. Kaspersky does not directly sell the software except for what is on the website. It needs to be purchased through a distributor. He may be able to pull some larger discount due to his purchase history though. edit: or cut a discount because he probably gets a kickback from Kaspersky

My current prices on D&H:
Kaspersky AntiVirus 2010 - Subscription Package - 3 PC - 1 Year - PC - English - $47.87 Renewal: $37.31
Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 - Subscription Package - 3 PC - 1 Year - PC - English - $63.16 Renewal: $49.76

For comparison: OEM copies
2010 Kaspersky Antivirus 1 user, 1 Year, 100 CD Pack for windows - $790.40 or $7.90/ea

I believe these are full retail boxed copies, not license only.

edit: License only AntiVirus license is more than the boxed. $49.76

RogueTech
05-26-2010, 08:32 PM
Kaspersky OEM copies require the person who purchased them to sign an additional agreement that the software is only to be installed on a newly built system and the end-user isn't to pay extra for it. You can buy them from D&H for very cheap in packs of 1,000. But like I said, you need to fill out a form and send it in before you have access to purchasing them.

As far as I am aware, his elite status has no baring on how much he pays. Kaspersky does not directly sell the software except for what is on the website. It needs to be purchased through a distributor. He may be able to pull some larger discount due to his purchase history though. edit: or cut a discount because he probably gets a kickback from Kaspersky

My current prices on D&H:
Kaspersky AntiVirus 2010 - Subscription Package - 3 PC - 1 Year - PC - English - $47.87 Renewal: $37.31
Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 - Subscription Package - 3 PC - 1 Year - PC - English - $63.16 Renewal: $49.76

For comparison: OEM copies
2010 Kaspersky Antivirus 1 user, 1 Year, 100 CD Pack for windows - $790.40 or $7.90/ea

I believe these are full retail boxed copies, not license only.

edit: License only AntiVirus license is more than the boxed. $49.76

I can't say for sure whether or not it has a bearing on prices but I do know that having an elite partnership with other security companies (i.e McAfee, Symantec) does affect pricing. You are able to secure pricing at a different band level then obtain wholesale pricing from that specific band, which you did refer to as being part of purchase history (that also affects partnership).

I am referring to perpetual licensing however. There are perpetual, OEM and retail in most circumstances. I don't know exactly what kinds of discounts I can get but if the product is specified I can find out.

MrUnknown
05-26-2010, 11:12 PM
Well, I am not Gold or Elite status, so I am unsure what offerings Kaspersky gives them levels.

I am interested in the pricing also. Just out of curiosity.

Corbin
05-27-2010, 07:03 AM
Well, I am not Gold or Elite status, so I am unsure what offerings Kaspersky gives them levels.

I am interested in the pricing also. Just out of curiosity.

Like I said keep an eye out for your local retail, Officemax always has awesome deals on Kaspersky, if its not in the ad its on the site for instore savings. Same with officedepot and staples. And if you can deal with it Frys, although its Mail-In-Rebates with them.

If you can pick up a copy of Kaspersky IS for 20$ and know its legit you cant beat it, especially when its backed buy a actual retail, all these online not saying they are bad, but if its a bad Key you screwed yourself, if you cant get it fixed, or replaced.

MobileTechie
05-27-2010, 08:26 AM
I should be getting those 2009 KIS copies soon which, supposedly, one can instantly upgrade 2010 with no charge. I'll let you know how they go. It's not ideal that they are not 2010 boxes but for installing on a PC in the workshop that won't matter - as long as it really does all work like that.

Simmy
05-27-2010, 12:13 PM
Yep, it does work like that. 2009 Licenses work without any problems in 2010.

MobileTechie
05-27-2010, 12:29 PM
Cool. That seems like the way forward for me then. I can sell KIS at a discount from the 2010 price. They get a good product for less and I make a profit. I has almost universally excellent reviews so is easy to justify to a client.

I've been using KIS 2010 on a trial basis and I like it a lot. it seems to cover most bases: Very strong AV, firewall, HIPS, sandboxing and site-blocking. I've been visiting malware-infected sites and it stops the infection attempts much earlier on the the chain than apps like MSE. I'm impressed.

rdctech
05-27-2010, 02:35 PM
I have just looked on Amazon and you can get Kaspersky Internet Security 2009 1 year 5 pcs for 15 + 3.23 P&P . So basically you type the code in a 2010 trial?

MobileTechie
05-28-2010, 02:46 PM
Yes. I received my ebay copies and they look legit - proper sealed boxes and disks with unique keys printed on the disks etc. I just put the key into my 2010 trial to activate and it works fine.

So all one need do is to store the keys in your wallet and you can sell KIS 2010 anywhere.