PDA

View Full Version : Compaq showing only orange led.

swany971
01-03-2008, 01:50 AM
Hi everyone. I'm going out on an in-home in a couple days to fix a 6 year old Compaq Presario, running XP, that is showing only an orange led on the front of the case every time it gets powered up. The customer says he sees no video at all, and has tried to unplug the pc but it didn't help. He can't remember the last thing he did on the computer since it had been awhile since he last used it. First thing I thought is maybe it's stuck in hibernation or something. Has anyone seen this behavior before? Or what questions should I ask before I go out there?

Thanks

Blues
01-03-2008, 01:49 PM
Id get the light to go off first thing which after quick test to see if you can power it on or off with the power button if it still remains pull all cords and a quick punch of the power button to complete the discharge. This does sound like its stuck in some state so I would try these and then power it up and see if you magicly fixed it. Im not sure what else to say I would check into error lights for compaqs and see if there is any details on this.

swany971
01-05-2008, 02:20 AM
Thanks for the reply. When the customer said the computer was showing an orange led, he meant the monitor. Kinda like the way sometimes customers will refer the their computer tower as a "CPU" or "hard drive" Turned out to be a dead mobo.