PDA

View Full Version : Will Vista go on a Powerbook G4?

Stu
01-01-2008, 03:26 PM
I have a client that wants to upgrade to Vista. She has an Apple Powerbook G4 with 1GB RAM and wants to know if Vista will go on it? I know next to nothing about Macs, so is this at all possible?

gunslinger
01-01-2008, 04:16 PM
It is my understanding that It would have to have the Intel processor to work. I'm getting a new Macbook next month and I'm going to boot XP Pro and OS 10.5. If I were you I would stear the customer away from Vista for the time being. Vista is definitely not an upgrade to anything.

Stu
01-01-2008, 04:22 PM
It is my understanding that It would have to have the Intel processor to work. I'm getting a new Macbook next month and I'm going to boot XP Pro and OS 10.5. If I were you I would stear the customer away from Vista for the time being. Vista is definitely not an upgrade to anything.

I completely agree, but if the client insists then I'm not about to get in their way.

I would be very grateful if anyone has any links to the info I'm seeking. I've tried Google but I'm not getting much.

dracken
01-02-2008, 03:56 AM
Bootcamp requires the apple machines with the intel chips. With Virtual PC you can run Windows XP I know for sure, not sure about Vista though. The performance unfortunately is not very good.

http://www.microsoft.com/mac/products/virtualpc/virtualpc.aspx?pid=virtualpc