PDA

View Full Version : Figure I would share my site

delvec
05-13-2010, 07:05 AM
Its live but now I'm not happy with it.
I think I can do more with it esp considering Im offering design services
but ironically, the business thats doing well is the design part.

I've seen some good sites so Im open to ideas for some enhancement. I just dont wanna here add 250 links, add 14 paragraphs on the main pageor any other crap to make it SEO friendly.

goobiesquaddotcom

Peaceful
05-13-2010, 02:26 PM
We did not find any results for: goobiesquaddotcom. Please try a new query above.

StringTech
05-13-2010, 02:32 PM
We did not find any results for: goobiesquaddotcom. Please try a new query above.

Here it is.

http://goobiesquad.com/

kagman
05-13-2010, 02:33 PM
Well first of all the menu bar should be buttons and not text with a slash after it. All of your text on the site is in italic. The font should be changed to something else. Add some pics or graphics to the site to make it more appealing. Under services you might want to put more information.

delvec
05-13-2010, 03:11 PM
Dont have enough posts to post a valid link yet. Just assumed people would know that dotcom wasnt a valid url and to use .com instead. My bad

Joines
05-13-2010, 08:34 PM
I don't think its that bad, actually.

The colors just need some changing, I am not a big fan of green on purple. Simplicity wins in my book.

delvec
05-13-2010, 09:38 PM
I don't think its that bad, actually.

The colors just need some changing, I am not a big fan of green on purple. Simplicity wins in my book.

Weird- that actually was the biggest compliment. But the colors were actually picked for a reason. Ya can probably figure out why I went w/the midnight green- right Philly guy? ;)

JRoss
05-17-2010, 06:07 AM
I like green and purple if they are done nicely which yours is. The grey helps ground it. Nice clean site. I would agree with the comment about the slashes. They do not look like clickable links. Buttons or a mouse-over would be nice.

I did laugh at your business name though. Around here a goober is a big load of snot and a goobie is closely related. That, and I would personally do whatever I could to distance myself from that "other squad", in name and practices.

My 2 cents. I am certainly no expert at naming businesses or building websites.

Jim

Joines
05-17-2010, 02:31 PM
Weird- that actually was the biggest compliment. But the colors were actually picked for a reason. Ya can probably figure out why I went w/the midnight green- right Philly guy? ;)

hopefully for the eagles :P

delvec
05-17-2010, 05:47 PM
I like green and purple if they are done nicely which yours is. The grey helps ground it. Nice clean site. I would agree with the comment about the slashes. They do not look like clickable links. Buttons or a mouse-over would be nice.

I did laugh at your business name though. Around here a goober is a big load of snot and a goobie is closely related. That, and I would personally do whatever I could to distance myself from that "other squad", in name and practices.

My 2 cents. I am certainly no expert at naming businesses or building websites.

Jim
Thanks- I did entertain the idea of adding a color change for hover. Just never got around to it.

Goobie was actually a nickname bestowed upon by the guy who ended up being my partner. So when we decided to do this together, I just tossed GoobieSquad out there on the page's draft and he kinda liked it. Then he registered the domain so I kinda decided to stick w/it. But I did check out goobie in urban dictionary and snot its not- ;)

Keeping the distance from the Geeks crossed my mind to but then again the idea of an alernative to them sounded like the way to go.

hopefully for the eagles :P
That would be correct http://www.technibble.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

coalescent
05-17-2010, 06:33 PM
Nice site, not too fancy (which is often good, given your target audience).

That said, most of the text on your site could be boiled down a bit more. Some of the text is very confusing and should be simlified. Most of it seems like a big wall of text so don't forget to format!

For instance:

Looking to establish a presence on the World Wide Web? Or already have a Website that you are not happy with?
GoobieSquad can handle all your web needs including:
Web Site Design.
Web Site Overhaul
Installation of popular Content Management Systems (CMS).
Installation/Setup of Simple Machines Forum (SMF).
Installation of WordPress blogging software.
Installation of Ecommerce site.
Domain Registration assistance.
Web Hosting Assistance.
Custom Site Modification.
And much more!

Why wait? Get yourself on the web now!
Unlike many designers, GoobieSqaud will not only charge you an affordable rate but also we won't charge you a flat rate for the design then charge you the same rate for each additional page, picture addition or any other small service.

Why not do something like:

Looking to establish a presence on the World Wide Web? Or already have a Website that you are not happy with?

GoobieSquad can handle all your web needs including:

Web Site (Re)Design.
Installation of popular Content Management Systems (CMS).
Installation/Setup of Simple Machines Forum (SMF).
Installation of WordPress blogging software.
Installation of Ecommerce site.
Domain Registration assistance.
Web Hosting Assistance.
Custom Site Modification.
And much more!

Why wait? Establish your web presence NOW! GoobieSquad works to provide the most competitive rates possible while providing the best in web design services.

delvec
05-17-2010, 09:17 PM
Nice site, not too fancy (which is often good, given your target audience).

That said, most of the text on your site could be boiled down a bit more. Some of the text is very confusing and should be simlified. Most of it seems like a big wall of text so don't forget to format!

For instance:

Why not do something like:
Something sooooo simple yet EXACTLY what I was referring to.

Thanks alot, dude.

RogueTech
05-17-2010, 09:50 PM
Not bad.

I haven't looked through it all but the first thing that stands out to me on the front page is the "Get help now" bar with the phone # next to it. The font looks 'tech-like' but it's very cramped together and I could see someone older having a difficult time reading it.

delvec
05-18-2010, 09:10 PM
Not bad.

I haven't looked through it all but the first thing that stands out to me on the front page is the "Get help now" bar with the phone # next to it. The font looks 'tech-like' but it's very cramped together and I could see someone older having a difficult time reading it.
Thnx- I see what ya mean. I stretched the width out a bit and now it looks squished.

Went back and made some changes- and it looked fine until I check it out on friggn Internet Explorer- and now it looks like crap. I Hate Microsoft