PDA

View Full Version : Pop the champaign, the new site is done! Think you will like it.

krash2k
05-12-2010, 05:38 AM
Many moons later I am happy to say the new design is finished. :D
Have a look and share your thoughts. (As long as you don't recommend scraping the whole thing and starting over. hehe)

http://www.poweron-cs.com

Thanks in advanced!

itmike
05-12-2010, 05:41 AM
Scrap it, Burn it, Tear it down, just don't use it for the love of god....

J/k It's very nice. It really flows and has everything well laid out. I love when I go to a website and know what it's about in the first 5 seconds. Thumbs up from me.

rcspcs
05-12-2010, 06:24 AM
I like that a lot, did you do it yourself or outsource?

Graystar
05-12-2010, 07:09 AM
Very nice!
Great design and love the graphics and colors (and lack of in the right spots)

I am not so sure pointing out that you just started the business as recently as 5 months ago is an attribute worthy of the home page.

Currently reads
PowerON Computer Services was founded in 2009 as a home-based business by certified computer technician Kevin Ivers.

This is what I would use
PowerON Computer Services was founded by certified computer technician Kevin Ivers.

Just my two cents.
Thanks for sharing a really nice design

i.t-works
05-12-2010, 09:46 AM
Great looking website, I love the layout and the navigation is easy to use

krash2k
05-12-2010, 01:56 PM
Thanks for the input guys. As always it's greatly appreciated.
To answer some questions...

I started building it myself about 5 months ago. Real life got busy and I just ran out of time to work on the site so I hired a designer. I handed over what I had already done, and told him what else I wanted on the site.

The designer did most of my copy, the flash, build the missing pages, seo, etc.

Thank you Graystar for the suggestion. I put it to use.

reesk92
05-12-2010, 02:50 PM
oh my god it makes my eyes bleed DESTROY THE SERVER WHICH BORES THIS MONSTROSITY BURN IT ALLL

actually its verry unexpected im used to seeing the plain websites which are verry simplistic this one on the other hand is quite nice good work on it did you hand code it or use dream weaver

ProTech Support
05-12-2010, 02:52 PM
There is only one thing I would change, that is the domain. Not crazy about having the dash in there, I think people will forget it.

Otherwise this is one of the better sites I have seen, great work.

goldmercury
05-12-2010, 04:33 PM
looks good very good however you need to get your location and keywords sorted

what would potential customers be searching for? "Computer Repair in Greenville" / "Laptop repairs Greenville"

I see only two mentions of your location in the title tag and your contact page.

Own the front page of google for keywords your potential customers are seaching for and your business will boom.

nfojunky
05-12-2010, 07:58 PM
Nice design! The site is very professional looking.

Joines
05-12-2010, 08:53 PM
Additionally, our environmental efforts will include converting our technician's combustible engine cars to electric cars by 2014.

I'll take a new car sir :P

krash2k
05-13-2010, 01:06 AM
@reesk92 -did you hand code it or use dream weaver
Dreamweaver for the win! It's been a very long time since I hand coded anything.

@protech support - There is only one thing I would change, that is the domain
Agreed. I am looking at other options. If anything comes to mind please share your thoughts in a PM. ;)

@goldmercury
Thanks for digging into the keywords on the site. I will plan some extra time this week to review them.