PDA

View Full Version : Vehicle Wrap Designs

Iconic
05-07-2010, 09:03 PM
I am getting a new vehicle wrap designed and hope to get it installed some time next week however I thought I would see if anyone here has some pointers or suggestions. I will be sitting down with the designer on Monday to hammer out the details after he sent me the attached image proofs.

Personally I hate the hard lines on the designs with an image that hits the borders, and would prefer to have any hard lines bordered with some kind of vector work like my logo. Unfortunatly because of my vehicle color they cannot fade the image away due to some issue with white coloring or something like that.

So what do you all think. What do you suggest for alterations?

Peaceful
05-07-2010, 09:34 PM
I like the white background myself, just casually sitting here looking at my monitor the others are almost impossible to read without putting my face up close and personal to the monitor.

reesk92
05-07-2010, 09:50 PM
i like the actual graphics in it its verry eye catching

i dont think its positioned well though

the top left edge dosetn line up with the angle of the car windshield and it looks odd going from blue to black is such a shapr contrast

2 options for the color issue

1 respray the car to match the back ground

have the wrap designed in a way that makes it blen d in mabye feather the edges or something so there not a straight line

other than those minor issues i love it

i think the respray would be better cause it would make the whole car look more even and match

Mushin
05-07-2010, 10:57 PM
These are a good start but very hard to read. I am not sure if it is because of the size on the monitor.

A few first impressions. Set number two with the mouse is the one that tells me the most about your business while we are both passing each other doing 35 in opposite directions.

The design is nice but not all that relevant to computer services. Except the ones with the mouse.

Joines
05-08-2010, 01:55 AM
I really like the back window.

To be honest I think you could probably get away with doing just the back window, maybe have the sides something more simple. Chances are people are going to drive behind you and write the number down, I personally find it awkward when someones staring at me from the side at a red light.

Although more sides covered, better chances someone is going to see you while you are parked somewhere.

Anyways I like the dark one, with the black outline. Though I think it should fade into your car better, not just go from black to Grey, might look weird.

donte10
05-08-2010, 02:54 AM
I really like the RANGER 2 page with the 'mouse' design. It quickly tells the viewer the most about your business and what you do. The image matches nice with the image of your company, but can be hard to read.

Hamish
05-09-2010, 01:59 AM
You "Americans" really like your big car's eh?

NeutronTech
05-09-2010, 05:22 AM

Nothing worse than going somewhere and feeling cramped. We need to be comfortable when we go places.

Iconic
05-09-2010, 02:26 PM

I will some day down the road change to a gimmick vehicle however for the time being I am trying to work with what I got. Since I tend to have a lot of house work going on I needed a truck but still bought the smallest one I could find to save on fuel.

Thanks everyone for the input. I will be sitting down with the designer tomorrow and going through their inventory of images and actually hammer this all out since I want this all completed in no more then a week or so.

I see a general trend in what everyone is saying though:
1. Make sure Logo and text is highly visible and readable
2. Keep design simple and easily interpreted at high speeds

vdub12
05-09-2010, 04:25 PM

We are still talking about a Ranger right?

A ranger is a mini truck.

This would be a cool truck if we are talking about big.
http://www.myrideisme.com/cache_image/4d65f90c1f417689ae00cb54e57edaa9/1261/pic.jpg

Iconic
05-18-2010, 10:48 PM
Here is the final proof for my vehicle wrap. I am sending off my approval right now and then it will be printed and installed.

layoric
05-20-2010, 01:04 PM
It looks like they're using stock graphics. The text isn't very readable with them. More than a cool design, a sign should be readable, and understandable. I made the mistake of having IRECOVERDATA.COM on the van before, but people said, "what's that?" even after reading it slowly. DUH to me, made perfect sense, but if Joe Average doesn't know what it is, it's a waste of money and effort.

Look at the GeekSquad. Simple, and VERY readable.