PDA

View Full Version : What's Technbblers asking for Christmas?

Joe The PC Doc
12-20-2007, 05:24 PM
Well, it's the most wonderful time of the year again...

What's everybody asking for this year?

strangely, I'm not asking for any tech toys this year... A few board games (my big hobby) and a turkey dinner and I'm set.

Although, maybe by February, it's time to look into starting a gaming rig (I've never had serious gaming hardware for the PC, mostly consoles this whole time)

A little gift for myself.

Merry Christmas all!

gunslinger
12-20-2007, 08:04 PM
This was my short list for this year:

1. New chair for my office
2. Call Of Duty 4
3. Headset
4. media card reader
5. A 500 gig SATA drive

But I'll be getting my real christmas in Jan. Macbook with 2.2 gig core2 and 4 gigs of RAM.

focuz
12-20-2007, 08:15 PM
Theirs only one thing I like more then techie stuff, and thats car stuff. I went into the computer biz because I didn't want my love to become work and wanted cars to remain a life long hobby.

So my christmas lists goes as, new rims for the focus and a few tools I'm missing from my set like extensions as I always seem to misplace them with a angle grinder and a few other things.

As far as computer stuff I am satisfied with what I have (not a big gamer) but could always use some more ram. hehe.

Simmy
12-20-2007, 10:07 PM
I'm saving towards a motorbike atm but my parents are refusing to buy me anything for it :( Hopefully xmas will be uber busy like last year and I'll have a bike in time for summer. I can't afford to take the time to do the direct access bike course, so I'll have to start on a 125, take the test and then wait two years until my license is unrestricted :D Saving for my bike is my only motivation atm.

Also a 24" TFT would be quite nice...santa...if you're reading this.

focuz, what focus do you own? I'm into my cars aswell. unfortunately I had to sell my beloved clio valver 2 years ago and buy a more sensible car for work. That's actually the reason why I'm getting a bike because running a car for work and another for fun is too expensive. Bikes seem like the way to go for me.

focuz
12-21-2007, 12:29 AM
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2911281 ...my buddy put this up for me as I don't yet have a digital camera. Thats whats on the wife's christmas list.

Sold my 1500 and got this for the gas mileage. At first I didn't like the whole compact idea coming from a truck but now I love it.

Bryce W
12-21-2007, 03:01 AM
My parents have brought me the "Star Trek: Voyager" boxset.
Yeah, Im a Star Trek nerd..

My girlfriend is getting me the Logitech G15 keyboard.

GraemeP
12-21-2007, 02:06 PM
Brice Just got myself a G15 its a very nice keyboard :) Can do so much more than just keying :)

Blues
12-21-2007, 03:42 PM
The big thing I want is this bad ass monster
http://www.klipsch.com/products/details/rw-10d.aspx
I am working on getting myself a good home theater setup and this thing is awesome

Joe The PC Doc
12-22-2007, 07:32 PM
My parents have brought me the "Star Trek: Voyager" boxset.
Yeah, Im a Star Trek nerd..

My girlfriend is getting me the Logitech G15 keyboard.

I would love the Voyager boxset. I've never been a huge Trekkie, but I've always liked Voyager... Stranded in space with Seven Of Nine, that's what I'd really want for Christmas...