PDA

View Full Version : Interesting card I got today...

Fred_G
12-20-2007, 04:43 AM
A while back I got a couple of SAS hard drive cables from a local computer store. I usually just order my own stuff, but this SAS stuff has me a bit confused.

I got a nice Christmas card from them, hand addressed, and with a handwritten message and a couple of buisiness cards. Nice touch I thought. I kept the cards, don't think I will need them, but who knows. If I run across anything I can't fix, I will pass one of the cards on.

E

focuz
12-20-2007, 01:42 PM
That is customer service at a whole new level.

Blues
12-20-2007, 03:03 PM
I am interested in SAS but it is not cheap so yeah I can't dive into it yet but looks like a great preformance drive for servers looks like it should beat out SCSI. I understand it to be a combination of SCSI and SATA the name alone should imply that though SAS, Serial Attached SCSI. I would love to make a nice server with a few TB of SAS RAID 0+1, which ever is striped set of mirrored pairs, or RAID 5.

Fred_G
12-21-2007, 04:09 AM
I got 2 15k RPM SAS drives and a controller dirt cheap a while back, just can't get it to work. :eek: I will have to try again next month. It just seems to be insane overkill to have 256Mb of DDR2 ram on the drive controller...

Link here for more info. http://www.technibble.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1079

E