PDA

View Full Version : Accepting Credit Cards

Leztek
12-17-2007, 01:29 AM
Hey all...

I was just wondering which of you accept credit card for payments?

Where and how did you setup your accounts....

Holzster
12-17-2007, 03:47 AM
Since I do not get a lot of CC I did not want the monthly payment of a machine. So I went through the Paypal rout. I have a Payment button on my web site that takes people to my Paypal CC site. They do not have to have a Paypal account to use it. There payment % is good also.

Holzster

focuz
12-17-2007, 04:21 AM
Yeah I don't think it would be beneficial for credit cards unless you own a store front. Usually you can just ask for a check and most people are happy to pay that way. With merchant accounts your either stabbed with a monthly charge or you can get no monthly charge with a high interest rate.

cmonova
12-17-2007, 03:35 PM
Before opening out store I was using yourpay.com and the nice thing was you could be at the customers and login put their credit card info in, run it, print it out for them prior to leaving their house.

Alot of customers want to use credit cards and that is an easy way to do it. Not sure about cost I believe like $30 a month and some small cents per transaction...

Stu
12-18-2007, 04:38 PM
I have gone the PayPal route as well, it's the most trouble-free solution I've found.

I don't like paying something like 1 everytime I receive, say, 40 (my standard hourly rate) but at the end of the day it's a quick and convenient way to accept credit cards. The vast majority of my clients automatically reach for the cash or cheque book, so I can live with the occasional credit card.