PDA

View Full Version : Tapatalk

Fixedathome.com
04-26-2010, 01:41 AM
Hi Bryce,

As many of the users of the site use a phone to browse I thought you might be interested in Tapatalk (http://www.tapatalk.com/en/plugin).
It is basically an app available for most smartphones that makes forums a little easier to read.
From the site:
Tapatalk is a forum app for iPhone, BlackBerry, Android and Nokia. The app provides super fast forum access to any vBulletin, IPBoard, phpBB and SMF forums that have activated Tapatalk. Forum owner can download the free plug-in to activate Tapatalk in your forum.

I'm been using it on iPhone to view some other forums that I use and it works really well.

Just thought I'd bring it to your attention in case you weren't aware of it ;)

MrUnknown
04-26-2010, 08:01 AM
I would definately recommend doing this. I haven't used Tapatalk, but I know viewing this forum on my iPod Touch is a pain.

Fixedathome.com
05-02-2010, 01:55 PM
Did you manage to have a look at this Bryce?

kagman
05-02-2010, 04:11 PM
Either that or an App for the iphone and or Android phones :) I am sure we all use some type of smartphone, so its only fitting that a website like technibble either creates a mobile version or an app....

Bryce W
05-02-2010, 04:39 PM
Installed. I purposely made it so it doesn't show up in the their main directory though since we'll get heaps of end users. Use the search function and type: technibble

Let me know how it goes and what device you are running it on.

chrisaroz
05-02-2010, 04:55 PM
This is a great find, thanks!

Fixedathome.com
05-02-2010, 06:46 PM
Installed. I purposely made it so it doesn't show up in the their main directory though since we'll get heaps of end users. Use the search function and type: technibble

Let me know how it goes and what device you are running it on.

Awesome! ;)
Working fine for me on iPhone 3GS

Cheers

Bryce W
05-02-2010, 06:55 PM
Would like to see some other people with other non-iPhone devices to give it a shot.

chrisaroz
05-02-2010, 07:08 PM
I'm running Android. So far it's fantastic.

MrUnknown
05-02-2010, 11:23 PM
I have an iPod touch, does that count? lol.

Working fine, thanks for installing it.

kagman
05-02-2010, 11:27 PM
OMG... Bryce why did you not tell us this before.. ????? This is great. An app for technibble. lol... Im using it on my Android phone. However one does have to pay for the pro version to reply and make a post..

AtYourService
05-02-2010, 11:29 PM
running on android looks pretty nice so far, quick loading and the black and white is pleasing, only gripe is that the QR barcode for easy download sent me to the pay app not the free

...and the fact that you have to buy the app to post anything :/
might end up buying it just to use the upload an image to forum feature

Bryce W
05-03-2010, 11:11 AM
I am using this while out and about as I am waiting for a friend to arrive. Damn it's nice, even the PM parts are great. Maybe I should have a HTML version for the people who don't want to pay, and Tapatalk for the users who do.

Velvis
11-16-2010, 10:53 PM
Is there a chance the forums could be made compatible with one of the iPad specific forum readers? Tapatalk only has a iPhone app and it looks awful on the iPad. I did try using full force but it had a lot of glitches.

TLE
11-16-2010, 11:33 PM
I have just got a Windows 7 phone today and I have installed Tapatalk. But unfortunatly I cannot use it as it says that Technibble is using an outdated plugin. Will this be getting updated at any point in the future Bryce?

cmonova
11-16-2010, 11:51 PM
I thought I had this installed once before and must of removed it...but installed again and I am liking it

angry_geek
11-16-2010, 11:53 PM
I have the RO version on my droid incredible. Has anyone installed the full/paid version? Is it worth it?

cmonova
11-17-2010, 12:02 AM
Of Tapatalk? If so yes..worth it? I'ts like $2.99 I think..;)

Xander
11-18-2010, 05:27 PM
While it seems like a great little program, it'd be nice if the users of it actually bothered to go into its settings and remove the extra, unnecessary signature.

Sent from my PC with my hands at the keyboard.