PDA

View Full Version : PS3 Not finding access point

killergamer
12-10-2007, 10:56 PM
This is what I doing I am helping a friend that has a PS3 set up to his Wireless internet so he can play online. First we figure out that it finds the access points when it looks for the modem but we get through the part were we put his WEP code into the PS3 then when we get done it test and says that it can not find the access point when 10mins earlier it had seen it. I guess I should mention his father dose not want me doing this they wanna run wires like 100 feet. Also that i used the Wirelesskeyview to find the WEP(hex code).

Blues
12-11-2007, 03:51 PM
Test the key if you can with another device like a laptop. If you have a wi-fi tester to test the signal it may be dropping due to range. There can also be issues with cordless phones on the same frequency.

GraemeP
12-11-2007, 09:10 PM
I had this problem with a customer just the other day blues, they lived in units and the next unit to them had a 2.4GHz phone, every time the phone rang next door the laptop drop its connection to the AP, I set the channel to manual and tryed a few different channels until it didn't drop out when the next doors phone rang. some thing to think about when having random drop outs.