PDA

View Full Version : We Fix $6 Haircuts!

PorterComp
04-21-2010, 05:06 AM
I'm sure some of you have see the Office Depot commercial about the big hair salon offering $6 haircuts and then the little guy going and buying a banner that says We fix $6 haircuts...they big business goes out of business in 6 months...and so on....

We can use this in the tech world...what are your opinions and ideas?

We fix $6 Networks?
We fix $6 ????

Thoughts?

vdub12
04-21-2010, 05:44 AM
To a Staples easytech ad:

"When the easy way just won't cut it"
"We do it the right way not the easy way"

I like that, I might even use that.

If the easy button doesn't work for you, try the right button.

NeutronTech
04-21-2010, 07:10 AM
This is funny because it's true. When I was working for a computer store about 5 years ago, we used to constantly get computers in that were just in another shop. The funniest part is that many of them came into our store first but thought we cost too much. So they went to the other one, then came back. Ended up paying twice.

ekrizon
04-21-2010, 03:53 PM
Hey! Easy on the easy tech's :D we're not all bad. :cool:

callthatgirl
04-21-2010, 05:40 PM
how about "we fix what those guys messed up"

or "We fix $300 mess up's"

Mushin
04-22-2010, 12:36 AM
1 Year of computer service for the price others charge to service your computer once!

PorterComp
04-22-2010, 04:18 AM
Hmm Nothing really sticking out here...We have a slogan, I was just thinking of adding to it, for like when we do shows and stuff...or just ads.

Porter Computer
Doing I.T. Right

thecompu-doctor
04-22-2010, 04:45 AM
after seeing this commercial a month or so ago, we casually started using the slogan
we fix the computers that the geeks "fixed" first

our normal slogan is "we fix your broken windows"

Blues
04-22-2010, 02:32 PM
how about "we fix what those guys messed up"

or "We fix $300 mess up's"

"We fix $300 repairs... for less"

I think we know who that one takes a stab at.

RogueTech
04-22-2010, 07:25 PM
@EasyTech:

Walked into a Staples store just the other day and asked them about their free PC 'Speed Up' service, which was largely displayed on the front of the store. Service techs (all sub 20 years old) told me all they do is make a checklist of recommendations (like upgrading RAM), defrag the hard drive and clean up "small windows errors".

I'm sure there is a way of flipping their new marketing strategy and offering a better way to clean up someone's PC.

PcTek9
04-22-2010, 08:39 PM
"we fix what they couldn't..."

"we fix what they thought they did..."

"we fix what your momma wanted done the first time..."

"we fix it before it breaks."

"we fix geeksquad fixes."

"we fix problems the deviant maladjusted computer technicans at large chains miss..."

"we fix arthur pendragons computers."

"you get what you pay for... or did you?"

"fast, good, cheap - pick any 2"

"intellectuals solve problems, geniuses prevent them..." - Albert Einstein.

vdub12
04-22-2010, 09:09 PM
"fast, good, cheap - pick any 2"

I like that one, so true.

ExpletiveDeleted
04-24-2010, 03:52 AM
@EasyTech:

Walked into a Staples store just the other day and asked them about their free PC 'Speed Up' service, which was largely displayed on the front of the store. Service techs (all sub 20 years old) told me all they do is make a checklist of recommendations (like upgrading RAM), defrag the hard drive and clean up "small windows errors".

I'm sure there is a way of flipping their new marketing strategy and offering a better way to clean up someone's PC.

yea as an ET... i have to agree... as i tell people what exactly we do, I realize most likely the tune up itself wont have much effect... yea we delete junk files (which can slow things down, but really not by much) and do some windows fixes, but again they dont usually do much....

It should really be called a free check up, but im sure theres legal reasons behind what other companies offer, so names and options are limited.

NeutronTech
04-24-2010, 07:11 AM
"we fix problems the deviant maladjusted computer technicans at large chains miss..."

"you get what you pay for... or did you?"

LOL

"Don't cry, we can fix their so called repair"

"Get it fixed the right way"

"Took it to the big boys?" Let us fix it"

"Save $300, have a real technician look at it"

"We fix the Geek Squad Virus"

"Best Buy or Best Tech?"

Techs on Deck
04-26-2010, 03:38 PM
"Took it to the big boys?" Let us fix it"

lol I like this thread :p

"Geek Squad missed it? Let us fix it!"

vdub12
04-26-2010, 04:05 PM
yea as an ET... i have to agree... as i tell people what exactly we do, I realize most likely the tune up itself wont have much effect... yea we delete junk files (which can slow things down, but really not by much) and do some windows fixes, but again they dont usually do much....

It should really be called a free check up, but im sure theres legal reasons behind what other companies offer, so names and options are limited.

I just picked up a new thumb drive the other day at Staples and when I walked in I saw that sign and thought of this post.

It also says they "check" for viruses. Of course I am sure they don't remove them, they just check. Its funny to Two different techs helped me while I was there. I use the sandisk cruser, I have been using them for a few years. I like them a lot. However, I hate the new design. Both techs told me that they would be better without the U3. Both times I asked if they have heard of a partitioner. These where not sales people, these where "techs". I put that it quotes on purpose.

bytebuster
04-27-2010, 10:33 PM
In my area, it would be "we fix $25 repair jobs" or "we remove the Cheap Repair Shop Virus". I should start using something like that. I'm getting ready to advertise again.