PDA

View Full Version : Do you think they stole my content?

Cambridge PC Support
04-14-2010, 11:02 AM
I look at my Google Analytics bits most days, and keep spotting a referral from this one particular website, which I've never heard of:

http://mustgravecomputing.com/index.html

then I notice the link they've put on the page: "and spyware removal and much more"

it's me! :)

how touched I was :)

I hope it's not anyone on here! lol

Eddie
04-14-2010, 11:14 AM
Oh ffs, I love when people who have half a clue make an idiot of themselves. Hopefully that gets a lot of clicks, more business for you.

Cambridge PC Support
04-14-2010, 11:21 AM
Oh ffs, I love when people who have half a clue make an idiot of themselves. Hopefully that gets a lot of clicks, more business for you.

Makes me laugh every time I look at it! :)

btw really really nice website Eddie, but where's your phone number?

gwilit
04-14-2010, 12:19 PM
Can't see it myself, have they removed it?

Cambridge PC Support
04-14-2010, 12:25 PM
Can't see it myself, have they removed it?

go to the page link above, skip the flash intro, then on the home page:

http://mustgravecomputing.com/index.html?_ret_=return

5th line down, "We provide an extensive range of computer repair and support services including hardware, software, networking, virus and spyware removal and much more"

and the link is on the word "more" at the end of the line

Alan22
04-14-2010, 01:35 PM
I can tell you that the template comes from a sitebuilder program - like the free sitebuilder program offered by some web hosts. I used to use that same template.

gwilit
04-14-2010, 03:23 PM
go to the page link above, skip the flash intro, then on the home page:

http://mustgravecomputing.com/index.html?_ret_=return

5th line down, "We provide an extensive range of computer repair and support services including hardware, software, networking, virus and spyware removal and much more"

and the link is on the word "more" at the end of the line

That's outrageous, but I'd leave it! Free traffic, and you never know might turn into some work. Lets face it, your website is 100x better than theirs!

trapped
04-14-2010, 04:26 PM
I would leave it too, especially since there is not a phone number or any other real contact info on their site.

hardtoremember
04-14-2010, 04:47 PM
LOL! Leave it! Where are they even located? I have seen some really crappy websites that have more usable information on them than that one!

Cambridge PC Support
04-14-2010, 05:12 PM
LOL! Leave it! Where are they even located? I have seen some really crappy websites that have more usable information on them than that one!

Durham which is many miles north of here

hardtoremember
04-14-2010, 05:16 PM
Well I would probably let them know then. They might change their content once they realize you know!

StringTech
04-14-2010, 05:40 PM
I would leave it too, especially since there is not a phone number or any other real contact info on their site.

There's a phone no. on the PC HealthCheck Tab.

"To book a healtcheck either contact us on 01833 660 898 or fill in our enquiry sheet here"

Wow that's a faux pas alright. I really like how you did the page Cambridge, no wonder it was linked there. They should've just done the work and add another page. Once their client click on that link they're gone.

delvec
05-12-2010, 07:58 PM
Haha- thats pretty funny.
I wouldn't say a word because it free advertising for ya.
Why does he have the link up there? Did he actually lift content from ya?
(I'm assuming if he did - you changed yours already)

Cambridge PC Support
05-12-2010, 08:03 PM
he probably copied and pasted directly from my website into Dreamweaver

my website has been completely rebuilt since

I get about 10-15 hits a week from his webpage :)

Hercomputers
05-12-2010, 08:14 PM
That's crazy. I'm almost tempted to click on 'Contact Us' and type a little blurb indicating that I noticed their content is similiar to a colleague's computer repair site that has been up for several years....do you want me to? I'll do it.....lol

And do you notice at the bottom of their page 'All Rights Reserved'.....the nerve!

Cambridge PC Support
05-12-2010, 08:31 PM
nah thanks, I'm not really that bothered, just think it's quite funny what they've done :)

Dameize
01-25-2012, 03:50 AM
This is a super old thread I know but I searched for my area and found this. The link is still there rofl. I couldnt resist posting.

tallship
01-25-2012, 11:20 AM
That's pretty kewl and not only will you get *some* conversions (hopefully), it helps with your link popularity LOL!

gotta luv those crap web authoring systems!