PDA

View Full Version : computer performance scoring software

steelaz
12-05-2007, 02:29 AM
There are a lot of tools out there that measure computer performance, but maybe you have your favorite or know of any "industry standard" software?

I want to take before and after measurements so client can see in simple numbers, how removing spyware/adware/viruses, defragmenting etc. helped speed-up their computer.

P.S. I just found this forum yesterday and want to thank everyone who is posting here for great tips and nice attitude.

Simmy
12-05-2007, 09:54 AM
Welcome to the forum.

I run 3d Mark and PC Mark as they're quite commonly used benchmarks. Another good one is CustomPC benchmark which you can download from here (http://www.custompc.co.uk/benchmarks/how-to-enter.html).

I must admit I only really do benchmarking when upgrading the customers computer or building them a new gaming rig. I don't benchmark before and after a clean because I feel the responsiveness of the machine/loading times speaks for itself. I think for your needs the CustomPC benchmark will highlight the effects of cleaning up a PC. I like the idea though, I may give it a go on the next virus riddled machine that comes in.