PDA

View Full Version : Crossloop completely redesigns.

greggh
12-04-2007, 05:52 PM
This article sums it all up nicely:

http://www.techcrunch.com/2007/12/04/crossloop-raises-3-million-a-round-adds-profiles-and-widgets/

Its got a social network kinda feel to it. Some nice new features. Ratings should be interesting.

This is what my public profile now looks like:
http://www.crossloop.com/greggh.id

One of the things you have to remember now in the crossloop interface is logging in. Up in the top righthand side of it there is a Login link, click it and login with the same email and password you used to setup your account on the crossloop.com website. That way it will track your sessions and statistics.

Simmy
12-04-2007, 06:47 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I just got a new router which refuses to work with SingleclickVNC, so I'm looking for an alternative before chucking the router out. Not quite as idiotproof as singleclick, but I'll see how it goes.

Nathan H
02-12-2008, 12:47 AM
just checked out CrossLoop

and found this quote

"At first glance I thought this as a good idea. Then, I thought, this is just another identity theft tool for white collar criminals. Before I use this, I am interested in how they will handle this issue. I like the idea, but I am extremely concerned. I had a computer tech fix a computer of mine only to find out he embedded spy ware into my operating system to try to rip me off later. How will CrossLoop stop these guys from taking advantage of the novice user?"

does it offer any sort of protection against this sort of thing?

Any ideas on how our clients could pay us for this service.

2 Idea's I had are:

1) A client has a monthly account with us, so in essence they pay upfront similar to an insurance policy.

2) Have a donate button on my website, ask our clients to make a donation, then check for conformation of funds in my Pay-pal account then provide the service..

Anyone think of any other methods?

tartis
02-12-2008, 04:45 PM
just checked out CrossLoop

and found this quote

"At first glance I thought this as a good idea. Then, I thought, this is just another identity theft tool for white collar criminals. Before I use this, I am interested in how they will handle this issue. I like the idea, but I am extremely concerned. I had a computer tech fix a computer of mine only to find out he embedded spy ware into my operating system to try to rip me off later. How will CrossLoop stop these guys from taking advantage of the novice user?"

does it offer any sort of protection against this sort of thing?

I would not worry about it. A tech could always install spyware if you took your computer in for repair. At some point the customer will have to trust a tech to fix the PC, or do it themselves. Only get your PC fixed from a reputable company, and you will feel safer.

Nathan H
02-12-2008, 05:08 PM
Thanks Tartis for getting back to me.

Ever had the experience of not been able to see the forrest because the trees are in the way.........

Talk about being blind and not seeing the obvious.:o

Sorry to waffle..... I am an IT Repair Technician with more than a few years experience......

Your reply is bang on, I just can't think why I didn't think about it first..

I think Homer simpson summed it up whern he said "Dohh"

lol..:o

cmonova
02-13-2008, 04:44 PM
Typically on remote repairs they will pay. Usually they are so happy you corrected the problem that paying does not become an issue.

I have told people they could use paypal, credit card, or even mail the check. And never have they not paid. Alot of them are repeat customers across the nation that I do thru Online Computer Connection (http://www.onlinecomputerconnection.com), so like I said if they are happy they will pay.

geekhelp4u
02-19-2008, 01:10 AM
maybe it is just me, but I can never get crossloop to work, as well as many other remote software. The last one i got to work was DameWare using port forwarding on the router. Crossloop would not even connect to my girlfriends computer - even when we bypassed to router, disabled the firewalls, and hooked right up to the modem!

Any good articles out there on remote support? Done it a million times, but all the computers were on the same network!

rsavoia
03-04-2008, 05:04 PM
I never have a problem running Crossloop. In fact it works for me when RSS and other VNC solutions won't. The problem I have with it is that I often lose the connection and have to reconnect and it is way too easy to accidently close the entire Crossloop window when you are attempting to close a window inside it, thereby dropping the connection. Uploading files to the remote PC is also very slow.