PDA

View Full Version : Attention A4ers: What do you guys think of these forums?

Bryce W
04-27-2006, 01:50 AM
Topic pretty much says it all. Do you guys prefer these forums over the Tech forum over at A4?
If so, why? If not, why not?

Revan
04-27-2006, 03:46 PM
I like these better than the Tech forum on A4.

reasons:

1.) More organized making it easier to focus on you area of expetise.
2.) I like the Vb 3 interface better than phpBB.

more to come as I just joined and this is my first post.

A4 name ~Revan~

Jura
04-28-2006, 07:57 PM
It's technically better. I just wonder on how active it will be. Not all the people from A4 will sign up, especially the newer ones. I also hate to see the place turn into where you post your problem and leave. It's much easier to make a thread and discuss, then it is to sign up, look around at a new place, make a thread, and then discuss.

Bryce W
04-28-2006, 09:00 PM
I plan for this place to stand on its own and get its own visitors. I routed A4s tech forums here to help get it started. I may keep this as A4s tech forum or I might revert things back after a while. But yeah, I dont expect all A4 tech forumers to join here because of what you said.

Jura
04-30-2006, 12:28 PM
Your technically from A4, so, what do you think of the forums?

Bryce W
04-30-2006, 07:26 PM
My own forums?

Well, I set it up with a balance of what I personally like and what I think others would like, so I am obviously going to like my own forums.
I still need to do a few tweaks here and there but I am pretty pleased with the layout/format currently.
As I've mentioned on this forum before, I am open to suggestion though.

TheUnknownOne
06-22-2006, 08:31 PM
Bryce, I love these forums x10000000000 more than the tech forums at A4 for a few reasons. People over here know what they are talking about and are willing to help. A4 Is filled with a bunch of jackasses who think they know more about the inside of a PC than any person on the planet. The funny part is, usually they are wrong. Lets try and keep this place free of idiots

A Guy
06-23-2006, 03:01 AM
The Tech Froums at A4 Suck compared to this forum ,people here actuallly know what they are doin:D

[W]
01-14-2007, 05:48 AM
Should of found this forum sooner but I personally really like it. Much more organized than the tech forum on A4.

Bryce W
01-14-2007, 01:20 PM
;2506']Should of found this forum sooner but I personally really like it. Much more organized than the tech forum on A4.
Yeah, unfortunatly, the people in the tech forum on A4 are generally not very knowlegable either.

"My computer wont start up, it has no power, no lights, no fans etc.."
"YOU SHOULD RUN AD-AWARE TO REMOVE VIRUSES"

Blues
01-16-2007, 03:59 PM
Well let me make a list
1. Theres more knowledgable people here or atleast they are easier to spot with the few ... well I can't think a nice term so I will say idiots.
2. There is less spam and general chit chat about just stupid topics mostly becuase the only stupid debate I can see comin up here is Apple vs. PC(Windows)
3. Its not too large while Im all for growth I value quality far more then I value quantity.

That is my list for the time I will expand it as I think of things.

[W]
01-18-2007, 04:32 AM
Yeah, unfortunatly, the people in the tech forum on A4 are generally not very knowlegable either.

"My computer wont start up, it has no power, no lights, no fans etc.."
"YOU SHOULD RUN AD-AWARE TO REMOVE VIRUSES"

Ah so true. Not everything is because of viruses.

Well let me make a list
1. Theres more knowledgable people here or atleast they are easier to spot with the few ... well I can't think a nice term so I will say idiots.
2. There is less spam and general chit chat about just stupid topics mostly becuase the only stupid debate I can see comin up here is Apple vs. PC(Windows)
3. Its not too large while Im all for growth I value quality far more then I value quantity.

That is my list for the time I will expand it as I think of things.

I have to agree on you with this.

TorontoRepair
03-18-2007, 07:47 PM
The reason why i like this site is because most people are somehow serious about their posts (I do not know how many you delete every day). Also since the content is not too large, you can still manage to find some relevant information.
And the best thing about this site is that it relates to newcomers into the computer repair business.

tkrabec
03-19-2007, 05:59 AM
comin up here is Apple vs. PC(Windows)

Well I for one am completely upset
You've forgotten the best OS OS/2 Warp and {insert your favorite linux flavour}
and completely forgot to mention the Amiga.

All kidding aside, I've never been to the A4 forums. But I have found most of the potential solutions on this site, very good, they have shown that most people here are at least thinking about a solution or following their trouble shooting process.

-- Tim