PDA

View Full Version : Local yellow pages cost

daquigle
03-18-2010, 05:46 PM
I got an offer to advertise in the smaller sized yellow pages for just the town here. Sounds like a good deal to me, but it was presented as 'half off' so I was wondering if anybody else advertises in their local book and what the cost is?

I realize this could vary greatly with the size of your location. For me, I was told he was looking for a local computer business, there is only one other business advertising in the computers section and they are not from town. I was quoted $385 for a business card size ad for a year. I asked about just a listing to compare and was quoted $395 for the listing.

BigJohnJ
03-18-2010, 06:14 PM
I had a call last Monday from Yellow Book. Their offer for a business card size add in the local yellow book and online at yellowbook.com for a year would be $49.00 a month. I think that is a little high for my area.

John

usacvlr
03-18-2010, 06:18 PM
We advertise in 3 books. One is 263 a year another is 40 a month. I don't recall what the third book costs.

I got an offer to advertise in the smaller sized yellow pages for just the town here. Sounds like a good deal to me, but it was presented as 'half off' so I was wondering if anybody else advertises in their local book and what the cost is?

I realize this could vary greatly with the size of your location. For me, I was told he was looking for a local computer business, there is only one other business advertising in the computers section and they are not from town. I was quoted $385 for a business card size ad for a year. I asked about just a listing to compare and was quoted $395 for the listing.

J-Bob
03-19-2010, 06:06 AM
YellowPages aren't worth the cost (in my opinion) if you start getting flowery with your ads. A simply, small box of info performs just as well as opposed to a massive, $500 /month YellowPage ad.
I pay $52 bucks a month, but that'll probably only bring me 1 or two extra customers every few months.
It's a dying breed of advertising, now that people usually use Google, call their friends, or just hit the local shopping areas.
The + of YellowPages is, people only look in them when they're going to spend money- so you might as well be in there!
Radio and theater screen adverts are manymanymany times more fruitful in my town (everyone listens to only two radio stations, KTKN and KRBD ~ but even then, Radio advertising can cost about $400 /month for cheep packages...)

YES- YellowPages
But DO NOT put a lot of money into it, until you know people use it in your town.

Different means for different areas.