PDA

View Full Version : Who is doing remote support right now?

callthatgirl
03-15-2010, 07:41 PM
I schedule usually 4 a day, up to 6 depending on the issues with the clients scheduled.

Some need an hour, some need 15 minutes.

How many are you doing a day?

cmonova
03-15-2010, 10:05 PM
Not 4 to 6 a day like you are doing I don't think. I know before you said you do alot of remotes. So I am assuming that you are doing remotes for people in those numbers that are even local to you.

I typically won't do remotes for local. But, nationwide we usually do a few a day and if we decide to advertise on certain days we can double/triple that number.

callthatgirl
03-15-2010, 11:37 PM
Explain a bit that last part, if you don't mind.

Are you doing google ads?

Yep, mine are all local, but I have some clients nationwide/France/Germany.

After I get new girl on board and trained, I will move into national marketing efforts and build up the call that girl center.

cmonova
03-15-2010, 11:53 PM
I meant typically I won't do remote for local but for our nationwide site we have we do them daily. If it's slow we might log into the chat window we have or place a few ads but we don't pay for any advertising, plus our nationwide site is a PR4 so it get's traffic on it's own

SThompson86
03-16-2010, 12:24 PM
I work for Ergon, and we have about 3,000 employees spread out over the US. I would say I do 4-5 remotes each day for our remote employees, and sometimes I will use it here in the building if I do not care to walk.

rainmaker2112
03-19-2010, 05:20 PM
I recently started up my remote support area and am doing 2-3 per day. Some are local, but many have been out-of-state.

I've been advertising them in a variety of ways, but word of mouth has been effective the most so far. One of the ways I position it is that the person doesn't have to "Straighten up the house" for me to fix their computer if it's local. If they're out of state I position it as "we come to you", which saves gas, time, etc from having to go to a repair facility.

People like the ability to see what's going on, which they wouldn't feel like they could do if I were working on their computers at their houses. They would feel like they were looking over my shoulder, which actually isn't a big deal to me.

PBComputer
03-21-2010, 04:04 PM
We don't have a steady number of remote support sessions we do per day at the moment, we have just started offering the service, so are going to start adverting it more soon (once our new website goes live, hopefully this next week)

Paul

ell
03-25-2010, 04:10 PM
I've been doing a bit local, only one long distance. Do you ever have issues with malware removal or rebooting?

kagman
03-25-2010, 05:10 PM
One of the ways I position it is that the person doesn't have to "Straighten up the house" for me to fix their computer if it's local. If they're out of state I position it as "we come to you", which saves gas, time, etc from having to go to a repair facility.

I love that. That needs to be put on t-shirts and billboards...

callthatgirl
03-27-2010, 02:20 AM
I've been doing a bit local, only one long distance. Do you ever have issues with malware removal or rebooting?

Nope, I have tools I can boot into safe mode or normal. My tools run fine, I have them on an FTP site so I can grab them faster.

kale76
03-30-2010, 07:31 PM

Nope, I have tools I can boot into safe mode or normal. My tools run fine, I have them on an FTP site so I can grab them faster.

What type of tools are you using remotely to reboot into safe mode on a Windows 7 64bit machine?

jeffl1
03-31-2010, 04:33 AM
How are you guys and gals marketing the remote service? What is bringing in your clients? Right now most of my clients don't seem interested. Also do you still charge your same hourly rate or do you do it differently with remote service?

lassenpc
03-31-2010, 01:56 PM
For contract maintenance clients I do about 1 a day; for support issues, it varies widely from 0 to 5 a day (approx 15 a week)