PDA

View Full Version : For the Aussies.. Are you voting Labor, Liberal or something else?

Bryce W
11-15-2007, 03:24 PM
Are you voting Labor, Liberal or something else? Whatever side you are voting for, why have you decided to vote for them?

dipper
11-16-2007, 07:20 AM
Are you voting Labor, Liberal or something else? Whatever side you are voting for, why have you decided to vote for them?

I actually voted yesterday (postal vote) as I will be in Sydney next weekend. I live in Adelaide.

focuz
11-17-2007, 03:13 AM
Yeah, where democrats and republicans here... and quoting Lewis Black "When you went into that voting booth, you had a choice between two bowls of s***. The only difference was the smell. "

GraemeP
11-22-2007, 12:34 AM
There both showbags. Promise all this good stuff but when you get them there full of C*ap. I'll still vote for John, just dont like how kevin comes across.

Bryce W
11-22-2007, 01:17 AM
Im a Liberal man myself. I see Kevin messing up the economy. This is what I forsee happening:

1. Workers get pissy about wages, holiday pay etc.. Cant say I blame them, wages havent kept up with inflation

2. Workers, with the help of unions go on strike demanding higher pay, better conditions blah blah.

3. The labor government allows it to go on for a while because they are sympathetic to the unions.

4. The employer misses their deadlines because workers werent.. well... working.

5. The overseas buyer that is getting thousands of that product made in that factory (that the workers are striking in) starts missing their own deadlines.

6. The overseas buyer doesnt send any more work to that company/factory because they cant keep deadlines (or at least fear it could happen again). Instead, they decide to get a factory in China to do the work.

7. The employer factory loses a big client and the revenue it would have brought in. Because of this lack of income, they have to let some workers go.

8. Workers get fired. They get their holiday pay and whatever they are owed.. but are told not to come back to work.

9. Repeat steps 1 to 8 with hundreds of big businesses all over Australia.

As Ive said to these people in the past, they can have your 17.5% leave loading (holiday/sick pay), but its going to be 17.5% of zero.

Anyway, although I am a Liberal man, I am very very sure Kevin Rudd is going to win. Most people cant see beyond their own wallet, and Rudd promises to help them fill it with better pay at work.