PDA

View Full Version : Confused about business planning, help!

avenueserv
11-13-2007, 06:59 AM
I have been a computer technician for a little over 10 years. I'm 23 years old, and still live with my parents. I am in the process of opening a computer services store to cater to small businesses. I'm in the process of writing a business plan. Now, I'm a meticulous planner, so naturally I have been planning for a while now. But I fear that I'm a victim of "paralysis". My question is, how many of you made a business plan? And what did you include in it? My view is that I'll be offering a service so some of the templates out their might be over kill. Some want you to put in stuff like "building codes" and production lines etc product description etc. I have done some preliminary planning, which includes Services I'm offering, prices it would offered at, rates, uniforms, business name, SWOT's vision and mission statements. Seeing it would be a small business, when is enough planning enough? Sorry if the question makes no sense, but I'm worried that I fall into "paralysis" lol. Can those who done business plans share their expereince? That would be greatly appreciated...thanks.

Thanks.

Blues
11-13-2007, 05:39 PM
I think you got your planning done only thing I see that you may want to do it draw up some contracts and service orders to keep records and cover your ass. I would get these done before begining work if you can find someone who can give some legal input on those.

avenueserv
11-13-2007, 06:15 PM
Thanks for your reply, and, sorry if I seemed hasty, great forums you guy have here by the way. I would, without a doubt. be ordering the business kit package to deal with the contractual issues, and repair forms as the package basically have everything that I need. I would revise my plan today in greater detail. As I have to re-catch up with the latest trends in technology, as I was away from hardware related stuff for a while (been doing web designing) THanks