PDA

View Full Version : My Website - Lightning-Computers

L-CSteve
03-12-2010, 06:21 PM
Hi, I have developed my website in HTML only. I would appreciate any comments on what you think I should do to my site. My other thoughts about the site are:

-Website Content, Do you think that the content is too wordy or technical? In your opinion, what would you add (or remove) regarding the written content?

-Design, Do you like the design of the site (or not)? If you do not like the design, what do you think that I should change about it?

-Is there anything else that you think that I should add/remove on my site that would be beneficial?

My website is lightning-computers.net :)

chrisaroz
03-12-2010, 09:10 PM
I think that looks very nice. The first thing I noticed was the navigation bar - very pleasing to look at.

Xander
03-12-2010, 09:18 PM
It resized my browser. I usually close sites that do that reflexively.

MM PC Solutions
03-13-2010, 09:59 AM

I agree, an instant reflex against pop ups.

Methical
03-13-2010, 11:35 AM
Not bad. Do you really need that browser resizing though ? Bit annoying ..

I think you should format the text on this part here : Supporting Residential Clients & Small Businesses Within Merseyside & West Cheshire Area
Hours of Business Monday-Friday (9am-7:30pm) Saturday-Sunday (9am-5:30pm)
Office : 0844 504 4117 / Fax : 0844 504 4118 / Mobile : 0787 247 5910 to make it more readible.

I like your nav bar. Plain and simple. Try right aligning it, I have a feeling it might look better :)

Just judging by your first page, you really need to get the grammar checked. It is rather poor; no offense :) Just being honest.

Ok actually flicking through some of the pages.. (Literally flicking through; not on a page for more than 2 secs (checking for consistency of design))
I would suggest getting rid of your 'Advertisements' bar for starters.

That vertical nav bar down the left hand side on all the other pages, isnt aligned properly on all pages. (I hate inconsistencies; just my preference though). Have a quick flick through the pages, and see how it moves, along with the content of the pages as well; its not 'static'.

Thats all from me for now.

L-CSteve
03-13-2010, 12:05 PM
Hi Members..

Thanks for the information regarding my website, Im glad to here what technibble members say as this could be what my potential customers could be thinking.

I will note down all the points for the site and will review them accordingly.

Many Thanks

Steve :)

steve51
03-13-2010, 01:07 PM
Hi, your website is easy on the eye and user friendly, my only suggestion would be that your prices are a little on the low side, try contacting some of your local mainstream computer outlets as a potential "customer" just to get an idea of their charges, you might find you are selling yourself short.
All the best, Steve.

DanF
03-13-2010, 01:24 PM
That's very nice. Personally, I would get rid of the Google Ads Bar.

hardtoremember
03-13-2010, 03:42 PM
That's very nice. Personally, I would get rid of the Google Ads Bar.

I would second that. I think it cheapens your site.

SMocek
03-13-2010, 09:20 PM

Nice design, very clean. I first looked at the site in Chrome, no resizing. It does resize in IE and Firefox, though. I do agree that I don't return to sites that resize my browser. None of my browsers run full screen, and they are at a size I find workable.

I've found that the Web Developer add on for Firefox gives you the ability to return your browser to your desired size without a lot of hand work when something like this happens.

Stan M

HubCityPC
03-14-2010, 04:05 AM
I accidentally tapped my touch pad on my Macbook with two fingers (causing a right click) and I was notified that "function is disabled....content/graphics....copyrighted....my IP address has been logged. :eek: Really?

Overall I like the site but do you feel that people will actually steal your content or pictures? This is common on auction or retail sites but I don't see a need for it here. Just my .02.

Kevin

MikeLierman
03-18-2010, 11:25 PM

Same here.

Also I right clicked and it popped up a message.

"Fucnction Disabled

Contents & Graphics Copyright Lightning-Computers

Your IP ADDRESS has been logged for security reasons."

First of all you spelled function wrong. Second, that's a scary message! If I was a client I would be turned off instantly and never come back to the site.

My IP is logged? Really? :eek:

hardtoremember
03-18-2010, 11:58 PM
I would seriously take that right click disabled thing off of there.
Personal opinion: it is very silly.

I am glad you logged my ip... For security reasons.

L-CSteve
03-20-2010, 02:52 AM
Hi Members,

Thanks for all the comments in regards to Lightning Computers website,

I have made a few changes to the site, due to resizing with wide screen laptop etc etc.

All content seems to now be consistant.

Any other faults or feedback is welcome.

Kind Regards