PDA

View Full Version : Biostar A780g M2+SE MB Replacement???

Computer Chip
03-07-2010, 05:26 PM
I have a customer that has a Biostar A780g M2+SE that will not power up. Power is good to machine and powersupply checks good. Shorted start switch temrinals and still no powe up. I am assuming MB is bad.

I can find a replacement MB of the same model but not the same version. My question is.....Will the existing operating system recognize the new MB and boot or will I have to perform a repair reinstall the OS (Vista)?

I don't replace that many MB so I just don't know? if it was a completely different boad I know I would but i wonder how close it needs to be.

Thanks in advance.

sjlplat
03-07-2010, 05:31 PM
I have a customer that has a Biostar A780g M2+SE that will not power up. Power is good to machine and powersupply checks good. Shorted start switch temrinals and still no powe up. I am assuming MB is bad.

I can find a replacement MB of the same model but not the same version. My question is.....Will the existing operating system recognize the new MB and boot or will I have to perform a repair reinstall the OS (Vista)?

I don't replace that many MB so I just don't know? if it was a completely different boad I know I would but i wonder how close it needs to be.

Thanks in advance.

It should boot fine. It might request drivers for some of the hardware, but generic drivers will be used until they're loaded.