PDA

View Full Version : [Want To Buy] Looking for Cheap XP Pro License

AtYourService
03-06-2010, 04:32 PM
wheres the cheapest place to get a legit copy?

ServingOnlineSeniors
04-17-2010, 02:50 AM
We have several COA's that we have removed from dead systems before we scrap. You can use any copy of Pro that you have a key for then change Key after you have installed and before you activate. If you can remove the COA from an old system then have an original Pro w/COA to load. Keep that copy safe an ensure the product key is always changed!!

ServingOnlineSeniors
04-17-2010, 02:52 AM
If you need an original to get started......ebay is ok just pick a very, very reputable seller.

Alan22
04-17-2010, 04:41 AM
We have several COA's that we have removed from dead systems before we scrap.
If it's OEM COA's, that's illegal.

You can use any copy of Pro that you have a key for then change Key after you have installed and before you activate.
Uh, no, not legally. Whether or not it works is not the point.

If you can remove the COA from an old system then have an original Pro w/COA to load. Keep that copy safe an ensure the product key is always changed
I read that 10 times and still can't figure it out.

Blues
04-19-2010, 02:09 PM
The OEM is legal if it is sold with hard ware. He is telling you how to work around the issues that can arise when you use the OEM key the method is not illegal but the application of it can be.

sckrem
04-20-2010, 01:09 AM
OK now new here what is OEM and COA ??

Blues
04-20-2010, 02:01 PM
OEM is Original Equipment Manufacturer and is a type of license and honestly no offense intended you should be roughly familiar with OEM if you are a computer tech. COA is Certificate of Authenticity and an example is the MS sticker you see included with all MS products or affixed to machines with MS products already installed.

Hercomputers
04-20-2010, 04:00 PM
I wouldn't recommend using another COA. Windows XP is very inexpensive to get. Tigerdirect, Newegg, etc. why not go the safe and legit route? You don't want problems later.

e2346437
04-24-2010, 12:25 AM
I wouldn't recommend using another COA. Windows XP is very inexpensive to get. Tigerdirect, Newegg, etc. why not go the safe and legit route? You don't want problems later.

The price of XP is going up. XP Pro OEM from Newegg is now $199.

Eric

Alan22
04-24-2010, 02:55 AM
The price of XP is going up. XP Pro OEM from Newegg is now $199.

Eric

Yeah, isn't that just amazng? Alot of places don't have stock anymore either. I feel this is just going to fuel an increase in piracy for those that need XP and are shocked by the huge price jump and ultimate inavailability through common legitimate sources.

Hercomputers
04-25-2010, 01:56 PM
$199? I didn't know that! Ok, I need to check some other places. I would think with the release of 7 and everyone wanting it, XP would be much less.

Time to shop around...Windows 7 from Tiger Direct is $150 and XP is more? That's is crazy for sure.

Graystar
05-09-2010, 05:48 AM
I see a couple of listings on Amazon for NEW WinXPPro sealed with COA for less than $80 if some one needs them.