PDA

View Full Version : flyer help

XT18
11-06-2007, 04:26 AM
Hey all im new to the forums so far this site has helped me alot as im starting my own computer repairs shop in my area here is a flyer that i have made and wanted to see what you guys think about it and if i should add, change or improve anything?

MrMille
11-06-2007, 12:40 PM
Nice flyer.

It's look about A4 size, which is a large size for a flyer, and expensive to print up too.

What tools did you use to put it together? it's very professional

Review Comments:
Advance diagnostics, should be Advanced diagnostics
Instead of saying AGP cards, say Graphics cards
pci should be PCI (in capitals)
"lost or delete" should be "lost of deleted"

Be caredful about data recovery, it can take a long time, and sometimes 150 dollars won't even pay minimum wage.

XT18
11-06-2007, 05:52 PM
I designed it with publisher 2007 its a full page I'm thinking about making copies of it across the street for 6 cents each or what ever it is these days, thanks for the spelling fixes and what do you mean by "150 dollars won't even pay minimum wage" is it priced too low? I also tried to recover some parts of my hd, full recover of my camera stick which gave me alot of old photos back very use full stuff. I'm also going to add network set up as i took ccna1 and ccna2 in high school so wont be a problem for me to do that how much does a network set up cost these days?

SandTech
11-06-2007, 08:25 PM
I really like the flyer, great job.
One thing the Advanced diagnastics?
You said save $40, but what package combine, there is no spyware, virus removal down on listing.

XT18
11-07-2007, 02:29 AM
I really like the flyer, great job.
One thing the Advanced diagnastics?
You said save $40, but what package combine, there is no spyware, virus removal down on listing.

are you talking about the special offer on top right where its written its 30 dollars cheaper? if you are it says under it that its advanced diagnostics, tune ups, and virus removal. Advanced diagnostics are 79.99 and virus removal is 79.99 also so if you get the a+ package special offer you get it 30 dollars cheaper then if you were to get them without the special offer.

MrMille
11-07-2007, 04:32 PM
...and what do you mean by "150 dollars won't even pay minimum wage" is it priced too low?

Consider this...
Some dude turns up and goes, I'll take you 150 dollars offer...
Recover every photo, document, mp3 from this 200GB hard drive.
Let's assume the drive is stuffed to the gills.

It could take ages to get that stuff off, lets say 15 hours (which is a lot of time, but lets assume the job is tricky)
$150/15 hours = 10 bucks an hour. That's close or is minimum in the states yea?

thecoldone06
11-07-2007, 04:40 PM
minimum wage in the states is around $5.15/hr. So 10 an hour would be almost double.

Simmy
11-07-2007, 06:54 PM
The advert looks very professional. As suggested above, $150 sounds quite low especially if you have to recover lots of data. Maybe you could charge depending on how many GB you recover? $100 for upto 80GB, $160 for upto 160GB etc.

I'm not sure if it's just a small copy of the flyer, but it's quite difficult to read some of the text even when zoomed in 100%. I assume a printed out version is a bit easier on the old eyes?

XT18
11-07-2007, 07:30 PM
Hey thanks guys im in canada so minimum wage is around 8-9 dollars but now i understand that its priced to low its a good idea to charge per how many gigs to recover. The flyer is hard to read because i had to resize it to upload it to the forum so it dosent look so clear as i dont have many posts and i cant post links to full size flyer, also one last question how much does wired/wireless network set up cost?

nonchalant
11-08-2007, 11:09 AM
Nice flyer but a few tips:

1. Try and make it a little less wordy. The attention span of someone glancing through a bunch of flyers from their letterbox isnt long enough that many will bother to read all the 'fine print'.

2. Try and make the heading flow into the body of the flyer. You need to lead people by the nose. They have to 'want' to keep reading, and if you want constructive criticism I found at first glance of the flyer that I 'scatter gunned' over it. You didnt sell me the service even though what you offer may be good.

3. Use more attention grabbing detail/fonts/bold, etc w/o being too over the top.

4. On a positive note - very professional looking