PDA

View Full Version : Just opinion about site needed?

SandTech
11-04-2007, 10:33 PM
I am not a designer, so I just finished working on this template, what you guys think, and should I do different things to it

http://www.sand-tech.com

jazz
11-05-2007, 01:34 AM
Seems like a well done website, from seo point of view make sure the page names do not all end with index-1.html index-2.html etc, make them more like computer-repairs-home.html , computer-repairs-business.html etc etc

Here's my website, www[dot]techitez[dot]com[au]

SandTech
11-05-2007, 02:33 AM
Jazz you have such a nice site.

breadtrk
11-05-2007, 05:58 AM
It is pretty, but you really need to get some help on translating your text to grammatically correct English. It is very clear that English is not your first language. This is not a bash, just a suggestion.

The other thing is the nationwide service? How do you plan to pull that off?

Bryce W
11-05-2007, 06:56 AM
Looks nice but there are some usability issues. If the viewer doesnt have flash installed (and alot of machines dont) they cant see your navigation at all. You need a way to detect wether the users browser has flash and if it doesnt, then display Text only links (i can provide some code if you want). The sound loops on every new page which gets annoying. It blasted me the first time as I had my speakers right up. I recommend you either make the animation have no sound, or only have sound on the front page.

SandTech
11-05-2007, 01:56 PM
It is pretty, but you really need to get some help on translating your text to grammatically correct English. It is very clear that English is not your first language. This is not a bash, just a suggestion.

OnForce how hard could that be?

Its like the all the big players out there using onforce and gurus2go

SandTech
11-05-2007, 01:57 PM
Looks nice but there are some usability issues. If the viewer doesnt have flash installed (and alot of machines dont) they cant see your navigation at all. You need a way to detect wether the users browser has flash and if it doesnt, then display Text only links (i can provide some code if you want). The sound loops on every new page which gets annoying. It blasted me the first time as I had my speakers right up. I recommend you either make the animation have no sound, or only have sound on the front page.

I agree, thank you. That sound do get annoying.

Do you have the code to detect flash?

SandTech
11-05-2007, 01:58 PM

Most of the text were quick, I am having some one do revision, and rewriting all of the text.

Simmy
11-05-2007, 03:11 PM
Javascript to detect if flash is installed - link (http://www.quirksmode.org/js/flash.html). You just need to modify it to redirect the browser to either the text/flash version.

I agree about the sounds aswell. I would disable them altogether.

jazz
11-05-2007, 07:27 PM
For rather fancy navigation, you're better off using javascript with CSS instead of flash as already recommended by some members. Thats what we've done with our site. But even the complex table less css does seem to give a bit of quirks with IE6 and older revisions of some browsers.

Also, flash navigation is not preferred by Google for seo, so if wish to show up in google without too many hassels you're better off css+javascript.

Bryce W
11-06-2007, 12:21 AM
I agree, thank you. That sound do get annoying.

Do you have the code to detect flash?
Use either Simmys link above or this (http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/download/detection_kit/).