PDA

View Full Version : PC Component uk wholesalers ?

Andyuk2007
11-04-2007, 08:59 PM
Hi Guys, my business is slowly going well that ive got people asking me to sell them components to upgrade there computers e.t.c and i thought what a good idea to expand my business.

So i'm here to ask you guys if you know any good wholesalers that you buy from as i've looked before now but cant find any that are really any good.

if you know of any good ones that are in the UK please reply :)

Simmy
11-04-2007, 09:14 PM
Hi Andy,

IMO you're better off just buying from companies like Scan and Ebuyer. If you end up buying 1000/month you will be given a trade account with them. And if you sign upto websites like Bittech/Hexus and become a regular you can even get free delivery with Scan.co.uk!

I've tried the big wholesalers like Ingram Micro (and another one whose name I can't remember) and tbh they're pretty crap. Most of the time ebuyer prices are cheaper. Even if you do manage to find an item cheaper on Ingram Micro, any savings are negated by the fact you have to pay 25 for delivery per order!

IMO if you want to buy new stuff, stick with Ebuyer/Scan. If you want to risk selling second hand goods, buy from eBay. Buying 2nd hand on eBay will mean a greater profit on each item you sell, but if it breaks there is usually no warranty to fall back on.

Andyuk2007
11-04-2007, 09:29 PM
Hi Andy,

IMO you're better off just buying from companies like Scan and Ebuyer. If you end up buying 1000/month you will be given a trade account with them. And if you sign upto websites like Bittech/Hexus and become a regular you can even get free delivery with Scan.co.uk!

I've tried the big wholesalers like Ingram Micro (and another one whose name I can't remember) and tbh they're pretty crap. Most of the time ebuyer prices are cheaper. Even if you do manage to find an item cheaper on Ingram Micro, any savings are negated by the fact you have to pay 25 for delivery per order!

IMO if you want to buy new stuff, stick with Ebuyer/Scan. If you want to risk selling second hand goods, buy from eBay. Buying 2nd hand on eBay will mean a greater profit on each item you sell, but if it breaks there is usually no warranty to fall back on.

Hi simon,

your right again :P i bought some memory for a customer from ebuyer
as the computer was running xp with 128mb ddr ram.........eeeeeek!! slow or what, now its running with 1 gig under the hood :cool: I did want to try and make components slightly cheaper for my customers but if i cant do that i suppose i will have to work out an install charge or something.

focuz
11-05-2007, 02:14 PM
How about for us in the states. Is newegg going to be better then getting a wholesaler or is something else better.

MrMille
11-05-2007, 06:13 PM
Anything for us in Ireland?
We are *always* hit with massive delivery charges.

focuz
11-05-2007, 06:24 PM
HAHA, we should just make a recommended wholeseller/supplier sticky or article for all the diferent areas.