PDA

View Full Version : Website critique/opinions

BryanLee
02-26-2010, 10:42 PM
Just wanted to get some thoughts about my website. It's not new, but I'm always looking for ways to improve. Thanks for any input!

BryanLee
03-01-2010, 12:42 AM
Wow! Thanks for all the replies! lol

numnutz
03-01-2010, 01:03 AM
Well I really like the majority of your website, the content is really awesome I love your tips. Your logo is cool also one thing is on the top services is barely noticable on IE6 you can only see half the letters maybe tabs would be better for services, web design blog about contact us or going from left to right instead of up and down. The only other suggestion I would have is that and its probably just a personal thing of mine but I'm not a fan pages that scroll down far and one's that are not even, your content on the left ends and the content on the side bar keeps going looks "uneven"

But like I said I really like the majority of your site especially the content and your a fellow logmein user as I am good luck!!
Eric

cmonova
03-01-2010, 01:07 AM
Bryan...quite possible alot of post made that day and it got pushed down or something hence no replies.

I've looked at it. Blog setup is always a nice way to go, colors seem to blend well. Overall the site is very professional looking. Good content and reads well.

I would get rid of the "poll of the week" it makes most of the pages too long and you have to scroll. I'd even get rid of the "Meta" block on that column.

On the Virus removal page if I click the AVG logo it takes me away from the site to a pic of just the avg logo

At the very bottom of the site above the ads you have something that looks like this:
No idea what that is about

sjlplat
03-01-2010, 01:12 AM
I meant to post on this yesterday but got sidetracked.

Overall, it's a very well-designed site. A few things I would do:

Optimize the logo to smooth the rough edges.
Add CAPTCHA to the form mailer
Replace the plaintext email addresses with a form mailer, or hide them from spam harvesters with Javascript

BryanLee
03-01-2010, 01:49 AM
Thanks for the tips guys. I was just goofing around earlier. Good points though. I knew about a couple of them but just haven't gotten around to fixing them. I have been considering getting rid of the poll anyway.

@numnutz - Yeah, I am really liking logmein rescue! Any good tips or tricks? I haven't been using it long.

numnutz
03-01-2010, 11:56 AM
no tricks or tips really needed just so easy to use for the tech and end user and its never failed me when other products have good luck

BryanLee
03-01-2010, 01:56 PM
Yeah it is very straightforward. I have been playing around with a few scripts this morning.

MobileTechie
03-01-2010, 03:31 PM
I like it. Simple, gets to the point. I think the logo needs neatening up (like I can talk!). I'd have a larger phone number to prompt them when they are hovering on the edge of action. A photo on the main page would liven it up a touch I suspect.

So it is Wordpress or similar?