PDA

View Full Version : Need Help with a dll

darren1270
10-28-2007, 01:58 PM
Hi guys,

I hope someone can help me... I am working on a dell pc with a ton of virus's. I have been able to disinfect it for the most part but now when I restart the machine I get an error of [ Error loading C:\windows\system32\oaoyqldw.dll with access denied. Anyone ever heard of this and how do I fix it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Darren

Simmy
10-28-2007, 02:02 PM
Can you actually get into windows or onto the desktop? It sounds like that dll was a virus and it is trying to autorun - Firstly I would try and locate the startup entry in the registry for that file and delete it.

darren1270
10-28-2007, 02:05 PM
Hi Simmy

Thanks for the quick response. I can get to the desktop and i have looked in the registry and can't find anything that resembles that dll.

Darren

greggh
10-28-2007, 05:12 PM
Is the file actually there? If it is then just delete it (if it wont delete use killbox, http://killbox.net/ .)

After the file is gone run a registry cleaning and then use hijackthis to make sure it isnt in any of the startup locations.

darren1270
10-30-2007, 01:34 PM
Hi Greg,

Thanks for your reply.... after about 6 hours dealing with this issue, I asked my customer if he would like a reformat and though I didn't want to really do it I feel it was the best course of action to take. He had a ton of games and BS installed. His 80 gig hd was 90% full. So he is a very satisfied customer now.

Thanks Again!

Darren