PDA

View Full Version : [Auction] Cleaning Up Deals!!!

JimO'C
02-14-2010, 02:10 PM
I woke up and decided to kick my eBay account into full gear, by cleaning out my shop. Here take a look at some great deals.

I will ship international just PM me for a price (pm me on ebay please)

My eBay Page (http://myworld.ebay.com/pcgeek411)

Alan22
02-14-2010, 03:29 PM
Cool, wish you luck with it. You don't have anything I need right now or I would place some bids.

As a former Ebay Powerseller and a long time buyer I just want to mention something about returns - no matter what you put in the listing the buyer can always return if they file a dispute with PayPal, and most of the time PayPal will side with the buyer. I never had to deal with this as a seller, but as a buyer I had to open quite a few claims over the years. I won each time, even if the seller stated "as-is" and "no returns" or if the item arrived damaged in shipping. The seller is always responsible for delivering the item in the same condition as advertised. Keep in mind that shipping insurance protects the seller, not the buyer, so if you offer shipping insurance and the buyer declines it's still your responsibility.

After hundreds of transactions running into situations where an item arrived damaged or not as described is rare, but it does happen and the seller is always on the hook.

Just a little advice - keep good records. Keep a record of serial numbers and always make sure to have delivery confirmation or tracking numbers filed with the sale. Send all communication via ebay or paypal (for documentation purposes). Only ship to confirmed PayPal addresses and don't use the buyers fedex, ups, dhl, etc. shippng account. If a high cost item get signature confirmation. Oh, and you pretty much don't want to send to Nigeria, OK :D

If you haven't already, look into using TurboLister (http://pages.ebay.com/turbo_lister/index.html). It's free and works well.

JimO'C
02-14-2010, 03:43 PM
Cool, wish you luck with it. You don't have anything I need right now or I would place some bids.

As a former Ebay Powerseller and a long time buyer I just want to mention something about returns - no matter what you put in the listing the buyer can always return if they file a dispute with PayPal, and most of the time PayPal will side with the buyer. I never had to deal with this as a seller, but as a buyer I had to open quite a few claims over the years. I won each time, even if the seller stated "as-is" and "no returns" or if the item arrived damaged in shipping. The seller is always responsible for delivering the item in the same condition as advertised. Keep in mind that shipping insurance protects the seller, not the buyer, so if you offer shipping insurance and the buyer declines it's still your responsibility.

After hundreds of transactions running into situations where an item arrived damaged or not as described is rare, but it does happen and the seller is always on the hook.

Just a little advice - keep good records. Keep a record of serial numbers and always make sure to have delivery confirmation or tracking numbers filed with the sale. Send all communication via ebay or paypal (for documentation purposes). Only ship to confirmed PayPal addresses and don't use the buyers fedex, ups, dhl, etc. shippng account. If a high cost item get signature confirmation. Oh, and you pretty much don't want to send to Nigeria, OK :D

If you haven't already, look into using TurboLister (http://pages.ebay.com/turbo_lister/index.html). It's free and works well.

Thanks good advice,

I am currently using Turbo Lister but I still have to much crap here at the shop.

Is there anything you do need, cus only about 1/4th of it is up there. < This goes for everybody, dont be afraid to ask

pg07143
02-14-2010, 06:01 PM
I am always looking for 2.5" PATA hard drives, I prefer 40-60GB. Also always need SODIMM - DDR and DDR2. Let me know if you have either and there's a good chance I'll buy it from you.

ijunkie
02-14-2010, 06:21 PM
I also need 2.5 pata drives often. Right now I need 120 gig or better. I also need some 256mb pc100/133 sdram.

stevenamills
02-15-2010, 12:06 AM
JIm,

Take this as a suggestion and not a criticism:

I believe the postage charges are deal killers in most situations (e.g. $7.50 to ship a stick of RAM).

Time will tell, I guess.

JimO'C
02-15-2010, 02:30 AM
JIm,

Take this as a suggestion and not a criticism:

I believe the postage charges are deal killers in most situations (e.g. $7.50 to ship a stick of RAM).

Time will tell, I guess.

That is what USPS charges for the flat rate, for that size package with insurance.

I make no proffit on shipping

wimwauters
02-15-2010, 11:21 PM
Hi Jim,

I just added you as a favorite seller on my ebay buying account. (my seller account is unisoftdesign_co_uk on ebay.co.uk)

You should buy or list 9 very cheap items to boost your feedback to 10, this will make it a lot easier for you to get good pricing on your auctions and the paypal guarantee will go up. Also, most items on ebay are now listed as fixed price items, it saves worrying about getting a decent price on the auctions :)

Dormant accounts (no recent feedback) are often hijacked by scammers.

Ideal cheap items for selling are old compact things like PC133 modules or ancient processors. Let me know if/when you got some listed, I'll buy one to get you along :-)

Psychoticus
02-15-2010, 11:26 PM
I am always looking for 2.5" PATA hard drives, I prefer 40-60GB. Also always need SODIMM - DDR and DDR2. Let me know if you have either and there's a good chance I'll buy it from you.

we just threw out literally 3 dumpsters full of comuters with those hdd's and RAM, obviously we destroyed the hdd's to protect client information but if i had of known i could have wiped them and sent them to you.

Jsch38
11-08-2010, 10:48 PM
I am looking 256 and 512 RAM chips.
Do you have any.
Send me a PM.
Thanks, Jim

ATTech
11-08-2010, 11:15 PM
I am looking 256 and 512 RAM chips.
Do you have any.
Send me a PM.
Thanks, Jim

Aside from this being a 9 month old thread, the OP was banned, so I don't foresee any contact from him, any time soon.