PDA

View Full Version : logo

Omatech
02-11-2010, 10:01 PM
Hello, i was looking for someone to design a logo for me. while searching I found ]www (dot)logotournament(com) There are designers who enter your contest and compete for the winning logo and prize (minimum $ 250). I was wondering if anyone from here has used them before?

thanks

harbordatasystems
02-12-2010, 12:59 PM
RAC (harbordatasystems.com/links/rac) is also a great resource. You can set the bid as low as you want ($50 is probably good - a lot of the graphic designers are overseas or in third world countries, but that doesn't affect the quality of the work), and ask for mockups/proofs, maybe give them a few image links or your website URL for inspiration towards the type of logo you want.

You should get a few bids within the day, with logo designs you can choose from (of course they'll be obscured with "PROOF" or "DEMO GRAPHIC" slapped across them until you pay the bidder). Make sure you request the highest DPI .psd (Photoshop format) file you can, as well as various sizes and formats of the same image (16x16 .ico for your site's favicon, 16x16, 24x24, 32x32, 48x48, 128x128, 256x256 pngs and/or jpegs). If you're stuck with a low quality graphic and want to print out business cards, you'd have to contact the designer for another copy! Most business card printers require a 300dpi image in PNG, PSD, or PDF format.

Good luck!

Omatech
02-12-2010, 02:13 PM
thanks for the site info, the site i mentioned the format is in eps

Sn@Ke
02-15-2010, 02:21 AM
Check out http://www.crowdspring.com/

I've always received high quality results there, also you dont have to pay if you dont get a minimum of 10 entries or something

callthatgirl
02-15-2010, 02:31 AM
The gal who did my logo is available. PM me for her email if interested, I believe a logo with all the formats is around $250 too.