PDA

View Full Version : Crossloop Pro

preemo
01-31-2010, 11:38 PM
is anyone using it? what do you think?

Xander
01-31-2010, 11:59 PM
I've got it but haven't seen much benefit from it yet. I signed up a little spur-of-the-moment and am currently second-guessing that decision.

I've uploaded banners and graphics that show on the client's window but if someone clicks on the Download from my page, the installed file is not in any way associated with me; it doesn't have me preset as a Helper or anything UNTIL they actually connect with me online.

I show up as PRO in the searches which is supposed to boost me in the ratings (or so I was led to believe) but I have seen other non-Pro people showing above me. Might be a glitch 'cause I can't recreate it now. Hmm.

The price was great, $50/year but I'd have preferred the offer coming from TeamViewer.

MrUnknown
02-01-2010, 01:04 AM
Too bad TeamViewer won't sell for $50/yr =[
Still getting my hopes up for them. My plan is to get 2 business clients to be able to justify it to some degree and purchasing it.

Then again, Kaseya has VNC built in and I may not need or want it.

Moaa
02-03-2010, 08:24 PM
I am glad some of you have tested the pro version. When the product first released i was having huge problem connecting to PCs with different OS. For example, I tried from XP to Vista. The client with vista can't see me. The screen fresh rate was horrible. I abandoned it.

How is the connection speed?
Thanks
Tura

AllenHBlackburn
02-16-2010, 01:42 AM
See my post

http://www.technibble.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13264

JRDtechnet
02-20-2010, 03:09 PM
I'm bitterly disappointed in Crossloop pro...I pretty much flushed $50 down the toilet. The connection itself is fine when I tested it with a friend but I mainly paid for the branding. When someone downloads the client from my profile page I expected it to have all my branding in place but that isn't the case. The application the client downloads is the same application I had to download.

1. Upon launching the crossloop app the customer is presented with a registration form. And a big advertisement to buy the Crossloop Pro version. With a small "skip" link at the bottom. That will confuse customers.
2. There's no branding on the app what-so-ever (I guess the branding doesn't appear until the customer registers and logins in like Housecalls said?) Very lame.
3. I don't like it that the customer has to install the program I much rather like a self-contained .exe file that automatically unloads itself when the session is finished.

I just updated my SingleClick client and it seems to be working with UAC I'm sticking with that.

tankman1989
03-01-2010, 10:36 PM
Has anyone else noticed that Crossloop is simply UVNC with some extra graphics and features? Couldn't we just use UVNC to do the same thing as crossloop?