PDA

View Full Version : Work orders & invoices

markiezzi
10-02-2007, 03:51 AM
Hello,

Can anyone tell me what they are using for work orders and invoices? It would be great if I could get an online work order system so that I could enter the information at the job site through the internet instead of pen & paper and can search the work orders to see what was done before to the computer.

I have searched all over but can not find any good examples of work order or invoices for computer repair. I am going to use quickbooks for my accounting needs and can make invoices from there. I would buy technibbles business kit but when I try to view the sample pages I get a big blue bar all over the page. I don't want to copy it just want to see if it will fit my needs.

Any help would be great.

Thanks
Mark

cmonova
10-02-2007, 01:04 PM
I had a guy actually write me a little php program that does it all. Hosted on my website so no matter where the techs are they can access it fill out the ticket and even print to the customers computer. All for a whopping $25 I think. If you want the guys into who did it send me an email to dan AT cmonova.com

greggh
10-02-2007, 04:29 PM
I think the technibble set is probably perfect for you. But if you dont want to go that way you can always look over the office template site. It has thousands of templates (including work orders and invoices.)

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/default.aspx

iladelf
10-02-2007, 07:14 PM
I suggest Simple Business Invoicing and Simple Business Accounting, from Owl Software. Programs are exactly that; simple to use, no accounting or invoicing experience necessary. I have the invoicing program on my thumbdrive; I can type an invoice at a customer's location, then print it on their printer and be done. I like this idea better than an internet invoicing "portal"; I've tried that before and was very unsatisfied with it. Here's their link:

http://www.owlsoftware.com/

focuz
10-03-2007, 06:17 AM
I would stay away from the internet idea unless you plan on getting an air card or something. You don't want to be using the customers resources to have to print out their invoice.

cmonova
10-03-2007, 02:48 PM
If myslef or my techs are at a customers and we login once the work is completed to print out an invoice "nobody" has ever had a problem with that. Way I look at it, you can consider it a proof souce that their internet works and that they can still print.

If you have good customer service the customer is not going to care one bit that you used a piece of their paper and a bit of ink. Like I said have done it for years and never a complaint.

Plus, it's a nice bennie if on the road or in another shop to reference a prior repair or customer.

I would stay away from the internet idea unless you plan on getting an air card or something. You don't want to be using the customers resources to have to print out their invoice.

greggh
10-03-2007, 04:06 PM
If myslef or my techs are at a customers and we login once the work is completed to print out an invoice "nobody" has ever had a problem with that. Way I look at it, you can consider it a proof souce that their internet works and that they can still print.

If you have good customer service the customer is not going to care one bit that you used a piece of their paper and a bit of ink. Like I said have done it for years and never a complaint.

Plus, it's a nice bennie if on the road or in another shop to reference a prior repair or customer.

We are going to be putting something like this into the field. I dont expect any customers having problems with it either. And the added benefits of being able to look up customer history (and have our techs directly enter customer history) are huge.

markiezzi
10-04-2007, 06:00 AM
Hello,

I agree with Focuz about using the customers resources. I am not to keen on the idea of printing an invoice on their computer using their paper and ink (with the cost of ink now a days).

There internet connection shouldnt be a problem though. I would simply like to use my notebook and connect to the internet and be able to pull up their record and have all the repairs they had done before and maybe also the serial numbers of the computer and hard drive.

I think that this may be helpful so that you can verify serial numbers at the job site and make sure everything is the same since your last time there. I have been taking their file folder with me but i think if I can find a way of going paperless at the site it would be nice.

Maybe I just need a simple database program. I guess it doesnt really need to be over the internet since I am the only employee using the system.

Just wanted to add to my original message post.

Thanks

breadtrk
10-05-2007, 04:41 PM
at TechRepublic.com. You do have to register but that is free and the place is a wealth of information beyond the forms.

Holzster
10-06-2007, 12:29 AM
If you are a MS Action Pack subscriber - you can use there Accounting 2007 program - easy & powerful.

I am not a huge MS fan but they did that program good.

Holzster

layoric
01-28-2008, 08:16 AM
It's for Pocket PCs. I print invoices, which for my use are receipts (but it offers them too) to a portable thermal printer, via IR. Pretty cool...

- Layoric

tartis
01-28-2008, 01:25 PM
I use Nebs for #311 with my logo on top.

http://www.nebs.com/nebsEcat/ValidatePromoServlet?mailCode=005VT&path=products/product_detail.jsp&pc=311

No printing required. Even with a cellular card in my laptop, I may not always have a good signal at all locations, so using an online system would not always work.