PDA

View Full Version : Instant Housecall

callthatgirl
01-21-2010, 02:45 PM
From the ad we have all been seeing here, anyone test it yet?

I downloaded it this morning and am going to give it a try. It's $49 a month, half of logmein rescue, I'll give feedback later on.

I'm hoping it's slick, I did the "no applet" for user option, so they just have to click on one button.

Seamless is good. :D

Alan22
01-21-2010, 02:56 PM
Personally, I rarely use remote connection software as I'm always on the road, except for times like this when I'm fixing a system or two (or three) in my office. However, I always like to know what's out there in case I need to use it.

Mr I
01-21-2010, 03:53 PM
I'm testing it and compared with other remote desktop programs, Instant House Call is awesome. It's very simple to install so users don't struggle with step 1: Installation. It allows you to chat with the customer. The majority of remote desktop programs let you transfer files and IHC is not the exception. I don't have the paid version but there's a bunch of features that seem very promising.

NickCat11
01-21-2010, 03:59 PM
Give Teamviewer a try while you're at it. One time fee and it's the best one out there imo.

MobileTechie
01-21-2010, 03:59 PM
It's very nice. I won a copy in the comp here and use it. But I don't do enough remote work to really comment on it's relative strengths compared to other options.

cmonova
01-21-2010, 05:11 PM
I have used most all the remote packages out there due to the amount of remote work we do and Instant Housecall ranks up there with the best in regards to ease of use and reliability.

hyfidel
01-21-2010, 06:45 PM
+1 for TeamViewer. Lets you brand the software with your logo too. Nice touch and really easy to use. (I have used LogMein and TeamViewer and VNC)

PCSupportGlasgow
01-21-2010, 09:26 PM
+1 for teamviewer you wont find anything better (well with exeption of getting a bomgar box )

Currrently our remote apps in usage are Teamviewer (not updated yet as 4 does everything we need) and our old trustworthy SimpleHelp.

Instant housecall i would place between both of them biggest turn off for us though is you cant brand it unless you pay for the Professional Edition and for the price of the pro version i opt for teamviewer.

numnutz
01-22-2010, 01:12 AM
Ive been using Logmeinrescue for almost 3 years now and I have been very happy with it, however it is on the high end cost wise. I did sign up for the free version of instant house call and tried it 3 or 4 times and I like it. Ive also tried team viewer a couple times and thought it was a lil confusing with the codes. I am thinking of going with Instant house call after my year is up with logmein. I am interested in hearing how u like it comparied to logme in after u field test it. I am going to base what I do at the end of subscription with logmein solely on what you tell me.. (no pressure) lol

Question you ever try any of the other options that they offer like blackberry and smart phone support. Again very expensive but looks nice...

NickCat11
01-22-2010, 01:38 AM
Ive also tried team viewer a couple times and thought it was a lil confusing with the codes.

Just out of curiosity what's confusing you? Customer provides you with a 9 digit code and a 4 digit password and you're in.

numnutz
01-22-2010, 01:42 AM
Well that was actually it, with the other remote programs it was always the other way around the tech giving the user the code number or better yet no code just a link to click on. It was silly on my side not realizing it but put a bad taste in my mouth from the begining. After I realized it was in reverse it seemed to run smooth...

callthatgirl
01-22-2010, 02:25 AM
I tested Teamviewer and wanted to buy the license, but could never talk to a support person and I think they are based out of Germany? Anyway, I like being able to call and get support NOW if I need it.

I had an issue with a client who pre-paid up a bunch of hours and then we couldn't get his mouse to release for me, Logmein fixed it in 1 minutes. Me likey!

I think I'll try Housecall as 2nd option, I just realized that I may be in a contract too with Logmein. I really like them though, even though it's 2x as much. My clients LOVE it. So easy.

NickCat11
01-22-2010, 11:34 AM
I tested Teamviewer and wanted to buy the license, but could never talk to a support person and I think they are based out of Germany? Anyway, I like being able to call and get support NOW if I need it.

Hmmm, I had to call them twice for various reasons and was connected to a live person within a couple minutes :confused:

atlanticjim
01-22-2010, 01:33 PM
After trialing a few remote apps I decided on Instant Housecall and I have been very happy with it.

Positives:
Simple interface for the client. As my work is exclusively residential, this is most important.
Connections are top notch.
No need for firewall adjustments.
Reboots work just as designed.
It can be branded very nicely.
Pricing is reasonable.
(also recommended by the TN owner/moderator who I respect.

It is actually so good and straightforward that I have not had to use their support at all.

itwaskaisersoze
01-28-2010, 03:45 AM
I signed up for the free trial last week. I tried it out on a customer that was willing to pay me to remote into their system from another state and fix their problems. I was embarrassed when Instant Housecall locked up on us... twice. I had to save face, and revert to Team Viewer and do the job for free.

Team Viewer: Are you listening? You have a good product. But it's out of reach for those who wish to make a living with it. You could make SO MUCH MORE MONEY if you lower the price- hundreds of PC techs will buy your software if you made it affordable for the businesses that cannot afford the overhead :)

MrUnknown
01-28-2010, 04:30 PM
if you contact teamviewer they do have a lower price with some limitations, but I cannot find the email where they responded.

ATSCF
02-15-2010, 02:19 PM
Does anyone know if housecall support windows 7 64 bit safe mode reboot?