PDA

View Full Version : Now that Microsoft has done away with Autopatcher What to do?

jsmith773
09-30-2007, 11:09 PM
Whats software can I use to easily update the customers' computer with the latest windows updates? Thanks a lot guys

Simmy
09-30-2007, 11:34 PM
Well for the time being, I will continue to use the latest Autopatcher and use Windows Update for any further updates. Service pack 3 for XP is due out for XP soon at least.

You could download all the update install files manually and then run a batch script to install them all? Apart from that, you'll have to use windows update :(

Simmy
09-30-2007, 11:36 PM
I just found this (http://www.heise-security.co.uk/articles/80682/) link actually. Gonna try it out now and report back :)

jsmith773
10-01-2007, 12:27 AM
Well for the time being, I will continue to use the latest Autopatcher and use Windows Update for any further updates. Service pack 3 for XP is due out for XP soon at least.

You could download all the update install files manually and then run a batch script to install them all? Apart from that, you'll have to use windows update :(

I really appreciate the info let me know what you found from the link thank a million.

greggh
10-01-2007, 04:20 PM
Autopatcher is not dead. It will be changing slightly, but in the end you will be getting the same tool from it. It will actually be easier to update and easier to take with you. It sucks that this happened, but we are getting a better tool now.

If you look at autopatcher.com they have some screenshots up of the new tool now.