PDA

View Full Version : Automate-able Forsale/Wanted

budsandbytes
01-18-2010, 11:41 AM
We've all got piles upon piles of hardware we just can't send up to the recycler, but also feel dumb posting to the for sale forum. It'd be nice if we could dump our inventory from whatever database we use into a CSV or something similar (hey, if we can just link a MySQL database, I'd be peachy) and then be able to search, it'd probably be a boon for all of us. I can't imagine how many times I've been looking for an obscure piece of plastic that I just can't order from the manufacturer, but I KNOW some other shop is sitting on the same model with a bad MB and LCD....

I know, probably too much to ask, but I'd like to throw it out there. If we can all standardize on some XML format for submission or some method of just organizing all our junk, we might have another advantage over the squad...

Mushin
01-23-2010, 02:36 AM
We've all got piles upon piles of hardware we just can't send up to the recycler, but also feel dumb posting to the for sale forum. It'd be nice if we could dump our inventory from whatever database we use into a CSV or something similar (hey, if we can just link a MySQL database, I'd be peachy) and then be able to search, it'd probably be a boon for all of us. I can't imagine how many times I've been looking for an obscure piece of plastic that I just can't order from the manufacturer, but I KNOW some other shop is sitting on the same model with a bad MB and LCD....

I know, probably too much to ask, but I'd like to throw it out there. If we can all standardize on some XML format for submission or some method of just organizing all our junk, we might have another advantage over the squad...

sounds like you are onto something. Make it happen charge a small comission of say $1.00 for every part that moves and you have a Tech Parts E-mbay service.

The win win for everyone is that it is free to list, when the item(s) sell for you get to keep $1.00 of that amount. The person that is selling the part makes some money and the person buyin the part gets a bit of markup plus a happy customer.

BryanLee
01-28-2010, 07:28 PM
This cought my interest so i started looking around and came across a platform that would allow submission of items. I'm still playing with it, but it seems that it could be something useful (even if only to the TN community)

Check out this link http://mobcompsolutions.com/techlist/

0gr3
01-29-2010, 09:26 PM
This would be great idea, I am totally behind it. One more way to link local techs to each other :)

BryanLee
01-29-2010, 11:25 PM
The link that I posted above is to a Noah's Classifieds database that I have on my domain. If there is actually any interest in getting something like this going let me know. I could move it to an actual domain and we could go from there. If anyone is interested or has any input on how to proceed from here feel free to send me an e-mail or private message.

The link to what I am playing around with is http://mobcompsolutions.com/techlist/

You can e-mail me at mobcompsolutions@gmail.com

BryanLee
02-03-2010, 03:32 AM
Ok...here is what I have so far. I haven't really gotten a huge response, but this interests me so I'm going to keep playing around with it.

The TechList (http://www.mobcompsolutions.com/techlist/) (as i'm calling it) is up and running on my domain. It may be moving to it's own domain at some point, but not at the moment. This is meant to provide a service to the community and nothing more. I will make no attempt to make a dime from providing this service.

- This page is exclusive to the Technibble community (at the moment)
- Use of the page is now and will remain free.
- It is the responsibility of the buyer and seller to arrange payment. This page takes no part in payment nor does it guarantee the condition or authenticity of any items listed.
- If you make an account, please use your technibble member name so that other users can identify you.

If you are interested in this little "project" please let me know.

delvec
05-14-2010, 08:40 PM
Heres something to look into-
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=231942&highlight=classifieds

That way the the classifieds are tied to the database here and it runs with the site.
Just a suggestion.