PDA

View Full Version : Hacking passwords

karthickips
09-30-2007, 06:48 PM
Can any tell how to hack windowsXP admin password after logging inside...

Brian
10-01-2007, 12:35 AM
Should not be to much of a problem, I use Trinity Rescue Kit or ophcrack-livecd.
Both work great.
Cant post links yet sorry, but just do a search on google

cis4smack
10-04-2007, 03:01 PM
Do you want to know the current password or change?

Bryce W
10-04-2007, 04:03 PM
Kathickips has been asking alot of hacking questions lately... beginning to suspect its for evil instead of good :/

boss6020
10-04-2007, 04:30 PM
Do you want to know the current password or change?
yes, please send info

karthickips
10-04-2007, 06:59 PM
yes, please send info

Current password

Blues
10-04-2007, 07:30 PM
Kathickips has been asking alot of hacking questions lately... beginning to suspect its for evil instead of good :/

I been on that side the fence since day one he has asked abot lots of hacking and linux questions. These two things seem to follow a trend of being together I don't know I don't really hack. I would say its some new script kiddy lookin for techs to be the suckers and help him get started becuase hackers are not so nice and sharing with information.

focuz
10-05-2007, 01:27 AM
I second that.

What kind of question is this anyway... Why would you need the password if your already logged in. Obviously someone has the password and karthickips doesn't.

Blues
10-05-2007, 02:14 AM
If he is legit he means he is in under non admin account but that raises questions still such as prental security? If he is not legit then by in he means he has RDP up or something along those lines.

breadtrk
10-05-2007, 04:27 PM
Begin Rant.

These concerns are the very reason I always ask WHY and WHAT FOR to every post about gaining any administrative rights to a computer. I see posters here just give up the info, no questions asked almost every time.

Ethics should be a topic of discussion on this forum.

Ethics are a very large part of our business, confidentiality needs to be extended to every customer you serve.

This thread is the exception.

End of rant.

gunslinger
10-05-2007, 07:25 PM
Although I do share some concern about Kathickips questions i'm not sure how we would go about weeding out the techies from the script kiddies. We can't do a background check on everyone that asks a shady question. Also there are very few tech tools that I have in my software bag that could'nt also be used as "hacking" tools.

Blues
10-05-2007, 07:53 PM
The best thing is to interogate them which works on two levels. The first is most people are vague with the questions we need to probe for details. The second is the more probing the more we can tell thier intents as people can and will slip up in thier web of lies. Just look how karthickips has posted little other then the initial questions also we can follow the trend of the posters threads.

gunslinger
10-06-2007, 07:03 AM
The best thing is to interogate them which works on two levels. The first is most people are vague with the questions we need to probe for details. The second is the more probing the more we can tell thier intents as people can and will slip up in thier web of lies. Just look how karthickips has posted little other then the initial questions also we can follow the trend of the posters threads.

Agreed, It is kind of shady

Vitiated
10-09-2007, 09:42 PM
imho, WHO CARES?

Okay, so you interrogate someone, they convince you they use their powers for good, you post an answer, everyone leaves with a warm and fuzzy feeling.

So.....what is to keep a future reader, who just so happens to be a hacker hopeful, from viewing your old post and using the same knowledge for bad? Um, pretty much NOTHING. Good thing you made the first user jump through some hoops so you feel better, huh?

You can't be a cricket on everyone else's shoulder, so, imo, post up! Make this forum a good tech resource. Sure, some will abuse the knowledge, but why make the rest of us suffer?

</rant><answer>

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/149427

http://www.petri.co.il/change_user_password_from_the_command_prompt.htm

focuz
10-10-2007, 02:44 AM
So true...

Thats why my approach to these types of questions is to not normally answer them. I love helping on everything else just not hacking questions, a good tech should be familiar with google and not try asking those types of questions on a tech forum.

If your really only interested in hacking you can get alot more info from sites like hacker threads.

The Goatboy
10-10-2007, 02:49 AM
Agreed; exactly what I was thinking before you posted focuz.

gunslinger
10-10-2007, 05:24 PM
I have to disagree on some points. First thing is the statement that "a good tech should be familiar with google and not try asking those types of questions on a tech forum." If you do a google for these types of questions about 90% of the time or more You get linked to a forum. Like I said before, most of whats used for fixing a pc can also be used for hacking them. It all depends on what you call hacking. The only real difference in a "tech" site and a "hacker" site most of the time is the peoples attitudes. Before anyone calls me on this, yes I have been to a few hacking forums and have picked up a lot of very useful info on them as well. The difference in attitudes goes something like this on the hacker website " do whatever you want to whoever you want with no regard for anyone other than yourself ". On most "tech" sites you will find some well meaning people that want to help and a few arrogant pricks that want to prove they are smarter than you. That being said, I don't want to be responsible for giving out info to just anyone for anything. I know how to make improvised explosives, but I'm not going to tell anyone that asks me.