PDA

View Full Version : Major Lag Issues

addctd1977
09-23-2007, 10:29 AM
Sorry in advance if this topic is covered already.

For the past 2 days I have been getting MAJOR Lag when in Yahoo Games lobby/s. It can last for up to 7 minutes at a time. I have taken notice of my taskbar and the CPU thingymajig doesnt appear, so I doubt its that??? Already cleared all my cookies, temp files and history. Nothing makes a difference. I am using Windows XP & IE7.

Any help would be soooo welcome!!

Amanda

Blues
09-24-2007, 04:05 PM
What is your network setup like? What type internet connection do you have? Do you have a router? What type of router is it? Are you using wired or wireless? and anything else along these lines.

Noodle2732
09-29-2007, 05:14 AM
take a look at the Task Manager (Ctrl-Shift-Esc) if its a 'healthy' system i would say the 'PF Uage' shouldn't be above 400mb if it is open a run dialog (windows key - R) and type 'msconfig' no quotes, select startup. now then this is everything that startup when you log on, you need to take off the ones you dont want, google is helpful for finding this out just type the name into google and's theres normally some info about it. For example 'QTTask' standing for Quick Time Task is part of the quick time program personally i turn this off because i only want it to run if i run quicktime.

After you've done that your system should run faster but as Blues was getting at we really need to know what type of internet connection you have and your network setup if we can make a diagnosis on any network problems.

cis4smack
09-29-2007, 10:36 PM
It could be your internet connection...