PDA

View Full Version : If you folks would be so kind...

crabig
01-06-2010, 05:26 AM
...as to have a look at my website. It's not much, I know... done with a WYSIWYG editor in straight HTML, with a Javascript menu. But I was just wanting to get a clean, quick loading site up and running.

Also, opinions, please, on whether I should have my flat rate service prices online.

TIA All.

http://www.gulfcoastpcpro.com

barry3652
01-06-2010, 05:36 AM
Where's the site? I dont see a link

crabig
01-06-2010, 05:57 AM
Where's the site? I dont see a link

That would help, wouldn't it?

Fixed now.

barry3652
01-06-2010, 07:30 AM
Very good site clear fast and plenty of information. The only thing I didn't like was on the pricing hardware page the left hand column is very close to the edge of site kinda makes it harder to read? (well for me anyway) I am using chrome screen res at 1024x768.

Methical
01-06-2010, 08:38 AM
There is so much white space !
Firefox 3.5.7.

Its like only half the screen. You've taken the left vertical side, and used that .. and nothing on the right .. or is it just me..

I would change your nice flash lil' menu there to somethin' more 'rounded' to suit better with the header.

Those two computer pictures in the headed look rather dull and pixelated.

We come to you
Anywhere in Mobile
or Baldwin County
Should be more centered between the laptop and the vehicle.

Whats up with that anyway ? is that the car that you drive to an on-site job ?

logo.jpg needs to be more centered as well..

And theres no footer at all.. cept for text in a really small font

[/HonestCriticism]

PCSupportGlasgow
01-06-2010, 01:54 PM
http://www.gulfcoastpcpro.com/Service/svc.html is broken link

too much aligned to the left so you end up with lots of white space in right side be better at the least to centre the actual content so breaks up the amount of white on the right.

homepage content has no spacing in the table its contained in so doesnt look right on the eye. PS better to change from tables to DIV and the javascript menus wont be heklping your SEO either if you must have the menu atleast have html links at the bottom of the page.

crabig
01-06-2010, 03:15 PM
http://www.gulfcoastpcpro.com/Service/svc.html is broken link

Fixed. That was just a typo in the menu. Thanks

crabig
01-06-2010, 03:20 PM
There is so much white space !
Firefox 3.5.7.

Its like only half the screen. You've taken the left vertical side, and used that .. and nothing on the right .. or is it just me..

Are you viewing on a wide screen? The site is optimized for 4:3 Ratio

I would change your nice flash lil' menu there to somethin' more 'rounded' to suit better with the header.

Noted.

Those two computer pictures in the headed look rather dull and pixelated.

Got in a bit of a hurry searching for graphics to use. I'll see if I can find something better.

Should be more centered between the laptop and the vehicle.

Whats up with that anyway ? is that the car that you drive to an on-site job ?

Yes. That's a pic (from the mfrs web site) of my vehicle.

logo.jpg needs to be more centered as well..

And theres no footer at all.. cept for text in a really small font

[/HonestCriticism]

Thanks. This helps a lot.

crabig
01-06-2010, 03:20 PM
Very good site clear fast and plenty of information. The only thing I didn't like was on the pricing hardware page the left hand column is very close to the edge of site kinda makes it harder to read? (well for me anyway) I am using chrome screen res at 1024x768.

That page is soon to be revamped, anyway.... it's WAY out of date.

Thanks

iisjman07
01-06-2010, 03:22 PM
Whilst you're there please change the font, Times New Roman is horrid

callthatgirl
01-07-2010, 03:14 AM
Do you plan on blogging? I blog on my site and it's driving in tons of hits, if you're doing your site over, I recommend adding in a Word Press theme.

Site only showed up on half my screen too.

mekon
01-07-2010, 05:02 PM
Why have you built it using tables? If you had used a html/css fluid layout it wouldn't have mattered what resolution was used to view the site.
You could have also centred the site in the middle of the browser.
Tables aren't meant for presentation and are a nightmare to maintain if you want to change anything; especially if the site grows and that change is to be made on every page on the site.
You are also putting yourself at a disadvantage with regard to SEO using tables.
Aesthetically speaking; you are going to have to do something with the footer, at the moment it looks like an afterthought.
You have done the hard bit, visualising the layout and developing your content; I am sure that you could approach a young local talent to put it altogether for you in return for being allowed to add it to his or her portfolio.
It sounds like I am being over critical but I am not, I am trying to be helpful.
Good luck with it anyway.

crabig
01-07-2010, 07:55 PM
Not at all. I didn't use CSS because I don't know how. I can do very basic html, but that's about it. I have thought about using a CMS like Joomla or Wordpress, but I really don't want to use an off the shelf template, and can't afford a custom solution.

I like the general layout that I have now, and from what I've read, most seem to agree with me on that... it's just a matter of changing it from table based to something that's a bit more user friendly and SEO usable.