PDA

View Full Version : PCmover

geekhelp4u
01-03-2010, 11:35 PM
So we are always suggesting FREE apps here to help us out - so why not paid apps? In the end - so long as they save you money in the long run - please post your suggestions. Ill start by suggesting Laplink PCmover... I am sure many of you have used it before - but this guy really help out when you need to Migrate someone to a new pc: http://www.laplink.com/pcmover

PCmover moves all your PC's programs, files, and settings, including:

* Microsoft Office
* Design Programs
* PC Games
* Instant Messengers
* Financial and Tax Software
* Spreadsheets
* Photos
* Videos
* Music
* Podcasts
* Desktop Backgrounds
* Icons
* Browser Settings
* Favorites/Bookmarks
* Internet & Network Settings

iladelf
01-03-2010, 11:44 PM
Wonder how well it moves stuff between OSs; like from XP to Vista, Vista to 7, XP to 7, etc.?

CompConfig
01-04-2010, 03:01 AM
That is what it does and it does it very well I recently moved 4 XP PCs to Win7 Ultimate. they even have a version for moving to new hardware and a pro version that will work on a domain

Jim Perth
01-04-2010, 11:15 AM
I highly recommend this program. Saves alot of time.

You can also join the PCmover partner program and that gives some great discounts.

numnutz
01-07-2010, 06:54 PM
I have used this for a couple years now. Have not used it recently. It does work and my rep always helps me with pricing. I have seen a pc slow down considerably after moving everything. I think you have to be very careful what you click on to move over I think it moves some junk too but I have not used the most recent versions.

gadz00ks1
01-07-2010, 09:49 PM
I will have to give this a look!

swordfish2252
01-29-2010, 01:02 AM
I would use Windows Easy Transfer, pretty good, no cost, and then again OEM software not supposed to move to another hardware, license wise.

Mushin
01-29-2010, 01:15 AM
I would use Windows Easy Transfer, pretty good, no cost, and then again OEM software not supposed to move to another hardware, license wise.

windows easy transfer is nowhere near as good as this.

WET Does not transfer programs...

I definately recommend this program.

swordfish2252
01-29-2010, 06:57 AM
Sure I agree with you too Mushin, WET doesn't transfer programs. I checked laplink site and seems very promising. Is there anyway to purchase their product cheaper anywhere?

geekhelp4u
01-29-2010, 07:26 PM
Sure I agree with you too Mushin, WET doesn't transfer programs. I checked laplink site and seems very promising. Is there anyway to purchase their product cheaper anywhere?

Yea - become a partner and the prices come down a bit

iladelf
08-10-2010, 05:31 PM
Realize this is an old post, but I will give a very positive "thumbs up" to PC Mover. Helped me move a customer rather easily to 7 from Vista. She was very happy that her computer was virtually the "same" as it was before, and was glad to pay the fee for PC Mover.

I intend on using it when I move my "main gun" computer from XP to 7 at some point in the future.

Thedog
08-13-2010, 12:55 PM
Is this program dependant on laplink to add support for different programs or is it native?

I mean, can you move any program or just support for some common ones?