PDA

View Full Version : shell32.dll

idiot_savant
09-14-2007, 03:16 AM
whenever I boot up my pc my AVG Free always show that shell32.dll has changed/infected.....what could this mean?

Bryce W
09-14-2007, 04:35 AM
Its not strange that shell32.dll has changed, it happens on my computer as well. However, if it says its infected then its.... infected. Does AVG clean up the infection?

idiot_savant
09-17-2007, 09:34 AM
Its not strange that shell32.dll has changed, it happens on my computer as well. However, if it says its infected then its.... infected. Does AVG clean up the infection?

it's not infected :). last night it doesn't appear I don't know if disabling the system restore did it.....

Bryce W
09-18-2007, 04:16 AM
I guess it only reports its changed only when it changes.. I guess a change to it could be considered suspicious, but it occurs frequently on mine, and my clients computers.

idiot_savant
09-19-2007, 09:38 AM
I guess it only reports its changed only when it changes.. I guess a change to it could be considered suspicious, but it occurs frequently on mine, and my clients computers.

yes it changes again in my computer......what could be changing it?

Noodle2732
09-29-2007, 04:24 AM
I've been using AVG for a frew years and never had this problem as for programs that change the shell32.dll file any application that deals with the way windows looks for example 'XPize' and 'FlyakyteOSX' both make significant changes to the way windows looks and the shell32.dll conatains quite alot of XP's icons so if they have an updater which both of the above do then everytime it updates it will be changing the file.