PDA

View Full Version : Websites?

ninjaman001
09-13-2007, 05:13 PM
I haven't asked a question in several days, so here goes: Do all of you guys have websites? I have one that's "under construction" (been that way for a while now). :(
I would like to see links to some and I'll admit it now: I'm looking for ideas. Now I'm not looking to copy anybody's style but I might "borrow" :rolleyes: some ideas because I'm in a creative rut. Any particular design styles that you guys suggest? I am sticking mostly to the K.I.S.S. philosophy.......

Simmy
09-13-2007, 08:02 PM
Here's mine (www.smg-computers.com) :)

It's pretty simple if you ignore the expanding navigation menu. The design part didn't take too long, but i've spent probably days changing the content until I was happy with it. I also get alot of my business through my website, so get yours up and running ASAP.

ninjaman001
09-13-2007, 08:57 PM
Thanks Simmy,

I like it. Clean, uncluttered, nice! This is what I'm shooting for, simple with not a lot of "bells and whistles". I was thinking of learning flash so that I could add some. But now, I think that I'll just keep it nice and simple.

thecoldone06
09-13-2007, 09:16 PM
It is a very nice, clean website Simmy. Nice job.

JJsMom
09-14-2007, 03:53 AM
I too was looking for ideas and I like the SMG. Short, sweet and simple. Gives me plenty of ideas too.

greggh
09-14-2007, 04:30 PM
I am working on a new site for a side project / second company. Me and a couple friends will be doing this one together, mostly programming for small businesses.

http://www.itinerantgroup.com/testing/

Thats what it looks like so far. It has some information, but I am not done filling it in.

breadtrk
09-15-2007, 03:44 AM
Another "Under Construction" for the last 2 or 3 years or so. Since I do pretty much only local business and word of mouth has kept me fairly busy I have had no real impetus to fine tune it.

www.bullruncomputers.net

Any aspiring web designers want to use it to learn on?

Simmy
09-15-2007, 10:37 AM
Thanks for the kind words :)

here (http://www.oswd.org) is a website that I just came across that might interest some of you. Open source web templates :)

Simmy
09-15-2007, 11:05 AM
I am working on a new site for a side project / second company. Me and a couple friends will be doing this one together, mostly programming for small businesses.

http://www.itinerantgroup.com/testing/

Thats what it looks like so far. It has some information, but I am not done filling it in.

Looks good gregg. How long did it take to design that?

greggh
09-16-2007, 01:08 PM
I did that in about a full day. Some of the javascript took another day to get working right.

jazz
09-17-2007, 09:03 AM
Here's mine.. computer-repairs-melbourne.com.au

me and my partner have been working on it for more than a month now.. still a few things have to be added or updated.

PorterComp
09-17-2007, 05:10 PM
A simple Presence. Want to do more later when I have more time.

www.portercomputer.com

Here's a buddy of mines Webdesign site. It's a lot more fancy than mine.

www.smithmediams.com

thecoldone06
09-17-2007, 06:36 PM
A simple Presence. Want to do more later when I have more time.

www.portercomputer.com

Here's a buddy of mines Webdesign site. It's a lot more fancy than mine.

www.smithmediams.com

His might be fancier but yours takes a lot less time to load. Both good sites that serve their purpose well.

Bryce W
09-18-2007, 04:17 AM
Here's mine.. computer-repairs-melbourne.com.au

me and my partner have been working on it for more than a month now.. still a few things have to be added or updated.
Hehe, I see someone knows a bit about SEO. Whats your service area?

darren1270
09-18-2007, 08:04 AM
Here is mine.... still a work in progress.

www.browerpc.com

Holzster
09-19-2007, 04:50 AM
oswd.org

good site free with a few hundrend free web templates

jazz
09-21-2007, 03:11 AM
Hehe, I see someone knows a bit about SEO. Whats your service area?

Hi Sorry for the delay Bryce, i was having unexpected issues with my forum username and password..

They seem to have been solved now.

Well, regarding the SEO its all a self taught process, while ofcourse trying to learn from the best *hint* ; we service basically in melbourne but our office is located in hawthorn.

Simmy
09-21-2007, 08:51 AM
Do you find your DDR2/Flash Drive offer brings in more customers? How long have you been running this offer?

jazz
09-21-2007, 09:19 AM
Well it certainly does help, i've noticed people go "AHH really" when i mention of my special offers to them..

And they seem to not have any reluctance fixing a time for appointment. But i will monitor my website stats closely..

You can actually monitor the click thru rate using google analytics, which tells you how many cliks a particular link has recieved.. and the offers seem to be the higest clicked followed by the contact page. :D

Jazz

TechnoKelvin
04-17-2008, 08:01 PM
I'll include my website soonish, almost done! (Also a bump for newer members to show their work)

focuz
04-17-2008, 10:20 PM
I don't actually have a repair website just the hosting site shown in the sig. I tend to get alot more customers by word of mouth. Havn't seen any real turnover using a website for local repair. I find it better to just list yourself in google maps and so forth.

lward1
04-18-2008, 12:21 AM
I have made 3 so far 1 business and 2 personal

www.cs4utech.com is my business one

and www.09syrupmaker.com is a personal one I'm working on for my daughter and www.atlantichs85.com is one I put together for my wife and mine's class reunion.

what do you all think?
Thanks,
Les

focuz
04-18-2008, 12:30 AM
www.09syrupmaker.com is a personal one I'm working on for my daughter

syrupmakers?

generalj
04-18-2008, 12:42 AM
here is my latest site, almost finished, just a bit more to touch up adn add. ptrcomputers.com/newptr

my current site which was a template is ptrcomputers.com

the new one is 100% designed by me so its real nice to have something I can show that I did.

lward1
04-18-2008, 10:50 AM
Focuz,
I know, I know and the High School mascot is a syrup pitcher.

Les